276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tulip Big Eye Bullion Needles-Size Regular (2) & Long (2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But first, I’ll explain why I never planned to try them. Then I’ll explain why I did try them, what went wrong, why I gave them a second chance, and finally, a more balanced perspective about them after using them for many, many hours of stitching. THN-030e & THN-031e - This sashiko needle set is made with a big needle eye and is designed to pass through fabric smoothly. It is great for people who want to start sashiko stitchwork.

Tulip Bullion Knot Needles perfect for bullion stitching

Seeknit Koshitsu Premium Set 2, Bamboo Interchangeable Circular Knitting Needle, 5 inch / 12.5 cm 11 Sizes, ID 59463 The needles are noticeably easier to use. I can thread them quite easily, even with my less than perfect eyesight. They help me be more precise with my stitch placement and stitch size.

Item details

We are a Latina-owned, family-run needlework shop bringing you premium hand embroidery and Sashiko supplies from all over the world. Our biggest joy is finding the tools and rare gems that’ll make your creative journey a happy one. Will you please tell me what size Tulip needle to use when I’m working with wool fabric? I prefer a needle with a large eye that is not to long. I get my needles from this shop. If you are in the SF bay area, she is in Alameda and does several quilt shows throughout the year. She also offers classes. They’re used a lot for bullion knots, cast on stitches and similar stitches that require wrapping the thread around the needle before pulling through.

Bullion Knot Needles Tulip Hiroshima Japanese Hand - Etsy

But I won’t give up my Bohin needles, either, or my John James. They’re decent needles. But there is something about the Tulip needles that makes for a different stitching experience, and I like them! Tulip Silk Needles

Delivery and return policies

They make a #25, but not a #26. You can see the sizes of the various needles they offer here: http://en.tulip-japan.co.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/01-01-TULIP-NEEDLES1.pdf Based in the Hiroshima region, an area famous for making needles, we at Tulip have a history of making the needles that our customers rely on. Since our founding, we have primarily manufactured sewing needles, crochet hooks and knitting needles. Our needle sets made for the home economics classes of elementary schools compromise the top share in Japan, and Tulip brand crochet hooks have been exported to more than 40 countries globally for many years.

Tulip - OzQuilts Tulip - OzQuilts

Milliner Needles | Tulip Hiroshima Japanese Hand Embroidery Straw Needles for Bullion Knots, French Knots - MILLINERS #1 I don’t want to say absolutely that the current state of relief in my beloved phalanges stems from the use of these needles, but it seems to make sense that at least some of the relief is due to the fact that it doesn’t require as much effort to stitch when I’m using them. Colourful Knitting needles, acrylic resin, single pointed , 35 cm long, seven sizes to choose from, one pair supplied

When you’re doing surface embroidery as opposed to counted work, the needle must pierce the linen threads. It doesn’t pass between them. It pierces right into them. And when two layers of fabric are stretched taut on a frame, the linen surface becomes somewhat hard, making it a little more difficult to pierce with the needle. I can’t tell you how many of my needles develop permanent bends from long hours of use. The two Tulip needles I’ve been using consistently for hours and hours of stitching haven’t bent, but they do have enough of a comfortable give in them to keep them pleasant for stitching. A Problem Solved Tulip Easy Threading Needles - Instead of threading the eye of the needle,pull the thread through the slot on the head. it passes through without snagging. Bohin Milliner Needles | French Made Milliner Needles Ideal for Basting, Millinery Work, French Knots, Bullion Knots - SIZE 3-12

Tulip Bullion Needles - Etsy UK Tulip Bullion Needles - Etsy UK

The fabric is not the most important consideration. It really depends on the thread you’re using, first. A heavier wool thread will require a larger needle with a larger eye (a crewel needle has a medium-long eye, and would usually work well for most embroidery). I’ve used the silicone finger gripper thingamabobs before, too – more as a thimble, because I can’t seem to get the hang of a regular thimble. When I do a whole lot of stitching for many hours every day, I inevitably get holes in my fingers that the eye of the needle will repeatedly slip into, making me jump! So the silicone gripper thingies have helped with that – they’re a lot more comfortable and easier to use for me than a regular thimble. Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections - they may also appear in recommendations and other places. I love Tulip needle for all the reasons you mentioned. One more thing, the bullion needles are totally amazing and have made a HUGE difference in doing the bullion stitch. No other needle compares!

But how could I say, objectively, I like this needle better or It’s not worth spending that kind of money on needles, if I didn’t actually try the needle? Bullion Knot needles are long and straight with a large but narrow eye which allows the thread to easily and smoothly pull through the stitch. Thank you for the price in Canadian money. Did you find them at a quilt show in Canada or the U.S.? So, that’s something to consider, if you have hand fatigue when you stitch. It could be the effort required by the needle, if the tip isn’t as sharp as it could be and isn’t breaking into the fabric with ease. Colourful Knitting needles, acrylic resin, single pointed , 25 cm long, seven sizes to choose from, Kids size one pair supplied

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment