276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Him

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While Wes was immensely passionate and had his eyes firmly set on a professional career, we witness Jaime's heart beginning to stray from his original dreams of athletic stardom. Their friends-to-lovers relationship and the second-chance trope after a four year fall-out had everything down to a tee with the emotion as well as sheer hotness. Jamie has waited a long time for answers, but walks away with only more questions—can one night of sex ruin a friendship? Jamie figures out he's bi, not just gay for Ryan, which I appreciated (I'm not a fan of GFY, as it mostly strikes me as false).

Both characters were awesome, though I have to say that I loved Wes just a tad bit more even though he does make a jerky move towards the end.I loved the story line about two boys who became best friends while at hockey training camp and that one them secretly loved the other. It was like the reader was discovering everything along with him and it just made it that much better. There is just something about the spike of adrenaline these boys experience on the ice and how they carry that spike over into the bedroom that has my heart leaping and my libido humming. The two make a deal that they will end their relationship once they leave camp as Wesley heads for the pros and Jamie waivers on what he wants in his future.

To be honest I was worried with the set-up because Jamie, for all intents and purposes, is straight. Wes' fears went beyond just mere insecurities and turned into toxic assumptions, showcasing that not only did he not fully trust his boyfriend, but also thought his sexuality was a passing fancy — Which was especially ironic, considering how Wes' bigoted parents had also hurt him by spewing similar nonsense his way. Wes has loved Jamie since he was 13 and while he knows they can't have more because Jamie is straight, Wes misses his friend and wants to make amends. Jamie Canning is twenty two years old and is about to graduate from Ranier and Ryan Wesley is about to graduate from Northern Mass.It was him who ultimately asked Wes to be together once he moved to Toronto, and even sought a coaching job there after realizing the career path he wanted to take —selecting that specific city to be closer to his best friend and lover, mind you. So when Wes unexpectedly makes contact with him again, Jamie’s heart offers no resistance, eager to have his friend back and desperate for answers.

This was a really great, fast, sexy read and the writing style was easy, engaging and seamless; would never have guessed it was co-authored. He decided to spinelessly break it all up, cut ties once more, and flee without even bothering with a farewell, because he was too busy presuming Jaime only thought of it all as a "summer fling" and would instantly forget about him and go back to girls.I like both Jacob Morgan and Teddy Hamilton's voices, but they were a bit monotone and unenthused compared to some of their other performances. Warning: contains sexual situations, a vibrating chair, long-distance sexytimes and proof that hockey players look hot in any shade of green.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment