276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pokemon TCG: Sword & Shield - Silver Tempest Booster Display Box (36 Packs)

£62.975£125.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Impressively, it’s funny no matter how you parse the word, whether the (incorrect) U.S. use as a word for a preserve or jam, or the (correct) UK use as the wobbly translucent children’s dessert. Either is an incredibly silly thing to need in an emergency, and the idea never fails to make me smile. Even more when I decide it’s made out of Duosion. Serena Image: The Pokémon Company

OK, look, you’re likely not going to see this new Item card appearing in anyone else’s Silver Tempest lists. It’s a neat card, don’t get me wrong, and it’s got me out of some scrapes playing TCG already: It allows you to heal 120 damage from a Pokémon if its HP drops to 30 or lower, which is a great Hail Mary. It’s just…as a card, it’s pretty ordinary. Whilst we will do everything we can to meet the delivery times above, there may be factors outside of our control and we cannot guarantee delivery within this time frame. Which is all lovely, but of course collectors are after it not just for its power in the game, but the prettiness of its variants. There’s a Full Art V, and both a Rainbow Rare and Gold Rare versions of the VSTAR. But most desired, and indeed most desired from the entire set, is the Lugia V Alt Art.The card is unequivocally gorgeous, Kawayoo’s distinctive painted style looking amazing in muted blues and greens across a predominantly grey scene. But prices like this are still daft. The Lugia V/VSTAR combo in Silver Tempest is definitely one of the most desirable cards from the set. The Pokémon Silver mascot is a perennial fan-favourite, and offers a powerful V. Read the Wind lets you discard a card and draw three for just one Energy, while get it loaded up with four Energy of any type and Aero Dive can do 130 damage a turn with no limits, while also letting you discard any Stadium in play. It’s the autumnal colours combined with such a bold use of empty space that has this Full Art card work so well. The Jynx is so small on the card that you have to squint to see it properly, and then when you do you get the excellent surprise that the daft creature is smooching its enormous lips at its trainer, hearts popping out around its head. Such an elegant, beautiful card, that hides such a silly, funny detail: I love it. Unown V Image: The Pokémon Company

Put a Dark Energy on there too and you can deliver Shrieking Poison, 90 damage and adding Confused and Poisoned, which is great. But that Pursuit Blast is a brilliant addition to the game, and I can’t wait to see it messing with Lost Zone players. There’s a VSTAR, it should be mentioned, but aside from offering a possible 210 damage if you flip three heads, it seems to weaken the card’s potential.) Regidrago V Alternate Art Image: The Pokémon Company Here Are The Cheapest Copies Of Pokémon Scarlet And Violet In Australia Alolan Vulpix V/VSTAR Image: The Pokémon Company / Kotaku With bad “illusionist” (he gets mad if you call him a magician) Uri Geller’s ridiculous lawsuits dropped and apologised for over his attempt to prevent Nintendo from using the name Kadabra, there was hope that the spoon-bending Pokémon might finally return to the card game at some point soon. Instead, we’ve got yet another cheaty Alakazam that doesn’t need to evolve from Abra, this time in a Radiant form. (Important note: Kadabra bends spoons using its mind magic, while Geller just bends them with his thumb.) Yet, even though Kadabra would have been a more satisfying return, this Alakazam is highly desirable, not just for its lovely, striking art, but also its playability. However, jumping the gun slightly is a card from Silver Tempest that does a lovely job of capturing the spirit of Sword and Shield, with many of the main characters posing for a lovely Full Art picture. Sanosuke Sakuma’s illustration shows Victor (the male player character), Bede (who my son remains convinced is an old lady), Hop (your hometown bestie), Marnie (grumpy Dark-type, and a monstrous card on her own), and Gloria (the female player character).Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take longer to reach you. As Sword & Shield winds down, and the TCG world prepares for next February’s shift to Scarlet & Violet, the series is starting a fantastic effort to celebrate the last three years. Next year’s final Special Set, Crown Zenith, will not only be about a last hurrah for V-based cards, but also contain an enormous 70-card “Galarian Gallery” (which, yes, should obviously have been called a Galary). It’ll hopefully be a lovely goodbye to the Galar region.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment