276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frostgrave Cultists

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I got into Frostgrave because of a Google search. I was looking for bulk cultist minis for a dungeons and dragons campaign I was running and this popped up. I never ended up needing the cultists (players having free will and all), but I kept looking at that box of minis every so often. When I decided to leave another war game (you know the one, with the massive armies and a book or three to buy for each army), I naturally looked at Frostgrave because of this really cool box of minis. Down the rabbit hole we go. . . . The sprues are produced by Renedra, as well, and each one includes five bodies, 16 heads, and a lot of weapon choices Many of the heads look very similar, so it's quite hard to tell your creations apart if they are wielding the same weapon. This was less of an issue with the soldiers kit (and almost every other kit in fact) Also, other than Frostgrave models, what models would you guys recommend? What models would be a good fit to get guns, while still being the same scale? And as an extra bonus, the Cultist plastic frame includes heads and arms to convert your Soldiers or Cultists into skeletons and Zombies. True Frostgrave Undead! Perfect to represent your 'risen from the dead' ex-soldiers.

So, those of you that have used Frostgrave models, based on the options on the sprues, what would you say is the best warband/faction to be? I'm willing to get more models as needed. The Cultists have been designed to compliment the Frostgrave Soldiers plastic box set. By that we mean the arms, heads and equipment are interchangeable, giving you even MORE choice to build a unique and personal Warband.With the weaponry in place, there is not much else to do. We add the heads or better said hoods, as I went with the closed hoods as far as possible, to underline the aspect that these are cultists. And for the last step, we add the pouches and quivers for the soldiers to look properly equipped. And as an extra bonus, the Cultist plastic frame includes heads and arms to convert your Soldiers or Cultists into skeletons and Zombies. True Frostgrave Undead! Perfect to represent your &apostrophe;risen from the dead&apostrophe; ex-soldiers. Cultists feature in Thaw of the Lich Lord as opponents in the scenarios and as random encounters. They should also be used as the soldiers for Warbands of evil wizards, especially ones who\'ve embraced Lichdom. Overall, this set was fun but I had to set my expectations. This set is great for making enemies and such but I wasn't able to make as many interesting mercenaries as I originally hoped for. Because I was able to use bits from other official boxes, I managed to get more mileage out of the box than if I was limited to just that box. If I was limited I would have built it differently. For an observant reader, they may realize that I have only displayed 15 figures in this showcase (not 20). I actually kept a Sprue of 5 figures aside waiting for new books in case a new soldier type emerges that I would like to build with a cultist theme. To end up my article, I would like to show off some other North Star Military Figures for Forstgrave that are not part of the Cultist Boxed Set.

There are no empty right hands, which means that while we get more daggers than the soldier's kit, we can't make a single thief. The Frostgrave Cultists box set contains enough parts to make 20 different figures. There are multiple heads, arms, weapons and accoutrements per frame, no two warbands will ever be the same. The regular Cultist boxes cover the bits and pieces to build 20 miniatures for your Frostgrave warband, spread across 4 identical sprues of 5 models each. In addition you get 20x 25mm round bases by Renedra in there.When I saw this box art, I had to have it. The box art looks so cool and I already have a collection of Modern Cultists. Might as well have some fantasy Cultists too. Cultists feature in Thaw of the Lich Lord as opponents in the scenarios and as random encounters. They should also be used as the soldiers for Warbands of evil wizards, especially ones who&apostrophe;ve embraced Lichdom.

Overall, I am very happy with this boxed set and really like how my models turned out. Everything fit together nicely and I had no need to use any “green-stuff” to fix errors in the models. These aren’t the most detailed models in the world, but that is fine. They look good and I am happy to have them. The plastic figures are 28mm sized, supplied unpainted and require assembly with glue. We recommend you use glue designed for plastic to get the best results. Another scale comparison. Here we have my Necromancer placed beside a Reaper Bones Cultist. The Reaper figure is much bigger, but I think it is an acceptable difference for in a game. I use this Reaper figure as a Null Man and a Random Cultist. The cultists box comes with the same base sprue as the soldiers, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. You're not here to listen to me talk about different bases, are you. On y va! Frostgrave is a game of Wizards, battling through a ruined frozen city in search of magical artefacts. Osprey Games and North Star Military Figures have teamed up to bring you a range of specifically designed miniatures to use with Frostgrave. Frostgrave is (c) Osprey Games 2020 Frostgrave Miniatures are (c) North Star Military Figures and Osprey Games 2020.The scale of the range is steady, as you can see here in the first picture with the "main" kits of Soldier, Crewman, Cultist and Barbarian from the left to the right. As well as a further comparison with Gripping Beast (middle) and Fireforge (right). We start out with the five different bodies. All of them are more worn down than the soldiers, the clothes are closer to rags. I did a comparison with different other plastic kits, like Fireforge (historical range) and Gripping Beast in the old review of the soldiers, but I think it is of help here as well. I already have a box of Frostgrave Soldiers and Frostgrave Cultists that I plan on using, as from what I did see in my brief skim of the rules, all the warbands are human, except for undead and Skaven. So, I figure they can work. However, until I have more time, I can't look at the rules fully. The box comes with 4 identical sprues. You can see a whole mix of weapons options and heads. The head options were extremely nice because undead heads also come on the sprue. This means that Skeletons, Zombies and Cultists are all possible using just this kit. I have also seen pictures on the internet of people successfully kit-bashing this product with the earlier Soldiers Box set and the products of other companies. There are four of these sprues included in the set. Casting is well done, low amount of mould lines and good use of the sprue.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment