276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Mind Manual: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: Mental Fitness Tools for Everyone (Dr Alex George)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the last few years, there have been some significant highs and lows, but I do think what I’m grateful for is that in adversity, you learn a huge amount. I endured."

The Mind Manual: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: Mental Fitness

It’s a topic he explores in his latest book, The Mind Manual, on the mental fitness foundations to give us all a boost – just in time for Mental Health Awareness Week (May 15-21) – including how to hold better boundaries and why mistakes are part of life. There are lots of different ways that you can support us. We're a charity and we couldn't continue our work without your help. Plus, difficult times are key for personal growth. "Sometimes, you have to walk through hell," he says, "It sounds really dark, but in some ways, through difficult experiences, you learn a lot about yourself. You will know your resilience and your ability to cope with things. You also learn what helps you cope." I am honoured to be appointed for this role where I’ll be working closely with government to make mental health an absolute priority and hope to have a positive impact on the lives of young people and their education for good.The book discusses the ‘mental health toolkit’ George developed while he was grieving and growing – "Not just as a tribute to Llŷr but as a tribute to the mental anguish I have faced in life, both before and since his death". It includes written exercises to help readers audit their feelings as well as ‘universal truths’ to cling to in dark times, like "sleep is a saviour" and "connection is your superpower".

Mind Manual - Alex George - Google Books The Mind Manual - Alex George - Google Books

During Children’s Mental Health week, the PM has appointed Dr. Alex George as Youth Mental Health Ambassador Dr Alex is on a mission to empower us to make our own health choices, take positive control and feel equipped and inspired to make those small changes today that energise and future-proof for life. It’s so important the Prime Minister hears directly from young people, because sometimes we are not involved in conversations, which concern us and our futures. The best way to create real change and improve support for young people with mental health problems is to consider the experiences and of those affected. This opportunity will allow us as young people to not just be heard, but also make important contributions to such an important issue.” Paul Farmer, Chief Executive of Mind, says: Read "The Mind Manual Mindapples 5 a Day for a Happy, Healthy Mind" by Andy Gibson available from Rakuten Kobo. From the people who brought you the During some self-reflection when he was still working in A&E, George says he realised he wasn’t practising what he preached. "I thought, ‘I’m here talking about finding balance and looking after your own mental health, and I’m actually damaging my own mental health by doing too much."

His appointment comes on top of the existing support government is providing to ensure children’s mental health is a priority – including the Wellbeing for Education Return project, which provides funding to councils so they can offer training and advice from mental health experts to schools and colleges on how best to support their pupils.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment