276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Raintown

£3.71£7.42Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because they try to be Prefab Sprout, and they succeed almost fully, therefore their music is great. The album, widely praised as Deacon Blue’s finest work, has the overtones of a concept album relating to the struggles of urban life in the inner city. While their first album is often considered their ‘best’, their 1989 album When the World Knows Your Name became their most commercially successful. The following year saw the band play in front of an estimated 250,000 fans at the free concert on Glasgow Green, "The Big Day", which was held to celebrate Glasgow being named that year's European City of Culture. I was intrigued by them, noting as I did their titular nod to a band I used to revere a lot around that time, Steely Dan.

Deacon Blue - Acts - Radio 2 in the Park 2023 - BBC Deacon Blue - Acts - Radio 2 in the Park 2023 - BBC

DEACON BLUE Announce new mini-album 'Riding On The Tide Of Love' | XS Noize | Online Music Magazine". It was announced in April 2014 that their seventh studio album, A New House, would be released on 8 September that year. All B-Sides (including those released afterwards) were eventually included on Raintown's 3CD+DVD deluxe edition in 2012. It proved a commercial success and has to date sold around a million copies, peaking in the UK Albums Chart at no.

It wasn't on the album as it didn't really fit and we never felt the production was as good as it could have been - again I personally preferred the demo. in the UK Albums Chart and generating five UK top 30 hits, including " Real Gone Kid", " Wages Day", and " Fergus Sings the Blues" (all five singles from the album were top 10 hits in Ireland). Born in a Storm is a bold and enduring spirit which serves as an apt reflection of the people and places it was inspired by, and a perfect accompaniment to the record. The band performed several gigs, including Glastonbury, and the Liverpool Echo Arena on 29 July 2011.

Riches (album) - Wikipedia Riches (album) - Wikipedia

It seems to rate as a classic, above the follow-ups, but although it's good quality material I think When the World Knows Your name is more polished and given the extra production etc that's probably to be expected. Yes, i think it does help the appreciation of “Raintown” if you grew up or spent time in Glasgow, but then again doesn’t it rain everywhere at some time or other. Their second album, When the World Knows Your Name (1989), topped the UK Albums Chart for two weeks, and included "Real Gone Kid" which became their first top ten single in the UK Singles Chart and reached number one in Spain. In 2020, Deacon Blue's 1987 single " Dignity" was voted as Scotland's greatest song after a public vote voted through the radio programme Ewen Cameron in the Morning.

The special brew, with 853 bottles, was released on November 30 in collaboration with the Glasgow-based bottler Caskade and matured for 13 years in a single cask. Due to Deacon Blue's part-time status after reformation, Ross released additional solo albums in 2002 and 2005 and has written for and with other recording artists.

Deacon Blue – Raintown Lyrics | Genius Lyrics Deacon Blue – Raintown Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Themes of weather are found throughout the album - even a quick glance at the cover and we see a gloomy Glasgow day, featuring the Finnieston crane. Deacon Blue also performed at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games closing ceremony on 3 August 2014, performing their hit, " Dignity". The band also played Glastonbury and the Roskilde festivals that summer, as well as released Ooh Las Vegas, a double album of B-sides, extra tracks, film tracks, and sessions which reached No.Ross, his voice a perfect blend of Paul Westerberg rasp and bruised romance, lands a blow on Boris Johnson in the preamble to Loaded, a polemic about haves and have nots from Deacon Blue’s 1987 debut Raintown that is precision-tooled for the moment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment