276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pioneer DJ Direct Drive DJ Turntable, 10.80 x 18.60 x 22.30 (PLX-1000)

£124.995£249.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I work for an Audio company and from experience no mass produced consumer product will ever have a zero defect record regardless of cost or where it is Mfg. so I doubt a Chinese made Hanpin TT has a lower defect record than the vintage Japanese made Technics SL-1200's. Pioneer boasts that the Start/Stop buttons are dead silent and we can confirm that to be true and results in a smoother performance. The tempo control is very responsive without any hitches or dead spots. Find out how to adjust the balance and height of the tone arm. Learn to tweak the amount of pressure on the stylus (needle) and adjust the anti-skating feature. How to connect the PLX-1000 to your other equipment It's not so enjoyable to those of us who can detect wow & flutter in our music so I gave it to my son because if he can't hear the level of wow & flutter I did then I guess he will be happy. To those of us who love and know great sound...

So, turn the engine on and go. A 3-phase DC motor with an electronic brake ensures a brisk drive. A torque of 4.5 kg/cm is absolutely contemporary and puts a Technics 1210 in the shade. The starting time from 0 to 33 1/3 RPM is a mere 0.3 seconds and the motor masters that without any problems. If you try to stop these by hand, you can’t really keep up. After a few tries, however, it becomes clear, with a certain generosity of course, that the start time is less than 0.4 seconds and the stop time around 0.4 seconds. The start/stop button is well known from the Pioneer CDJ range and is also surrounded by an LED ring, not green or orange but blue in this case, but only when the platter is spinning. With the PLX-1000 I would dare this experiment and according to my personal impression, it could work well. The PLX-1000 is solidly built, well-decoupled, and of high quality. I've had this PLX-1000 in the box for a year and a half since I first got it but this week I hooked it up and Wow!Both the audio and power cables on Pioneer's PLX-1000 are detachable, which assists greatly when transporting the unit. It helps to reduce the risk of cable damage which in turn could affect the quality of both the sound and performance of the turntable. This also grants the user the flexibility on what they wish to connect to the system to suit their own personal preference. Other features

Some people are paying more for less but it only looks like they are getting more. I love this Product. You will too. The pitch range has already been mentioned and where there are three displays, there are probably three selection options: ±8%, 16% and ±50% are available to the user, switchable via a naturally illuminated “Tempo Range” button. The result of this combination: the Pioneer PLX-1000 is surprisingly resistant to external interference. If you push it a little and disturb the record player by tapping, hitting, or jerking, surprisingly little happens. If you tap your finger lightly to medium hard on the surface, this is not even audibly transmitted to the tonearm. It is only when you tap the side of the tonearm or around it more vigorously that the vibration becomes so strong that it is transmitted through the needle or it starts to jump. Here, however, a point has long been reached that can no longer be described as a realistic influence, but really as a clear disruption that no record player would leave without consequences. When I say wrong, I mean having removable power and RCAs. This is one thing that I would have thought would have been changed over time, but at least Pioneer have done it properly. As for new (to Technics) features — high torque and pitch ranges up to 50% are standard. Those wanting science fiction style features need look towards other companies to start pushing the boat out a la Reloop RP-8000. Sadly, there’s no reverse.

Customer Reviews

It doesn’t reach the stoic calm of a Technics 1210 MK2, but it really comes very close. Not only because of the heavier case but also because of the height-adjustable and spring-loaded (rather rubberized) feet. These can be screwed out quite a bit further than with the 1210, the height adjustment allows a whole 1.2 cm here. This does not necessarily increase the suspension but allows the device to be well-balanced. Of course, this height is minimally restricted by the fact that you don’t leave your feet on point zero, of course, but create little space here to increase the possible suspension travel. Even at point zero, however, there is space and a few millimeters of travel before you mechanically reach the end of the suspension flagpole.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment