276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mr Pikes: The Story Behind The Ibiza Legend

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fascinating story about legendary hotel host Tony Pike - although when you read this book you'll discover there was a lot more to his life than Pikes.

I have to say ,when I started reading this book ,I thought it was going to descend into the mire of vulgarity. Point being that at the very least you likely know that Harvey spends his summers there, manning the DJ booth on Monday nights in August and September. HE was the sex-mad playboy who provided a tropical retreat for A-list celebrities to indulge their wildest fantasies.Although ive heard that this book is a bit of "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story" its still a great read and if youve ever been to Pikes or know the history of the place its well worth a read . Mr The Story Behind The Ibiza Legend presents a raw, unfiltered look at a success story unlike any other. Pikes, a hedonist at heart that went from a terrible upbringing to a dream life only a handful of people ever achieve. After shooting Wham’s Club Tropicana video by Pikes’s pool George became one of many globally-recognisable regular faces.

Much-married, hedonistic hotel owner who partied hard with many a pop star and was known as the Hugh Hefner of Ibiza; John Donne may have written that no man is an island, but Tony Pike came close. However, it seems that he does genuinely love the women who have been part of his life and is most likely just being honest and a bit clumsy with his words. maybe he had a better relationship than what the book led on, but he sounded like a horrible deadbeat dad. Whether or not you approve of his womanising, drug taking, and wheeler-dealer lifestyle, there’s no denying Ibiza legend Tony Pike lived his 85 years to the full. The iconic hotelier reflects on a fast life of hedonism and the globe-trotting backstory that influenced his set-up of pioneering Balearic boho bolthole, Pikes.Many people will regard his exploits as depraved , but in truth they would also envy his lifetime of experiences. The book barely scratches the surface of Tony’s explorations and accomplishments, even the recounting of his stated enormous sexual appetite was superficial. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.

I'm sure there are many people that would frown on the persona of Tony Pike , but I found his account of his life honest and refreshing. I loved the way this man enjoyed his life to the full despite pissing off a lot of people along the way and not caring to much about it. well, now I know everything I’ve ever wanted to know and it’s made me determined I will visit one day and hopefully meet Mr Pike himself, such an iconic place! By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file.From a successful business life in Australia, and interesting upbringing, his story then turns to Ibiza and the reason he became the man he is remembered for today. I’ve always been fascinated about Pikes hotel having heard a lot about it during the times I’ve raved it up on the white isle but never thought to visit myself as I imagined it was strictly a place for VIPs, and I am most definitely a person who Tony would consider a ‘pleb’ hahaaa.

ciò, yu se un bel personaggio, se queo che faceva i drink nel video de club tropicana, un gran simpaticon ma el iera anche un fio de na bona donna, el gaveva sempre voia de ciavar e tutte quee che ghe capitava a tiro le impeniva senza pietà ma ancha i omeni che non pensè. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.Inspirational for those who want to live life differently, a bit shocking in parts for those who don't!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment