276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makita LS1018LN/2 240V 260mm Slide Compound Mitre Saw

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This particular saw can cut a 12″ wide board at 90°– so it’s great for shelving, wide dimensional lumber, plywood (see photo above), etc. The DIYer can get a lot out of this saw as it would handle about any home-improvement job you could throw at it. Basically, the same benefits as applied to a contractor, only you may not put as many hours on it. It also can handle a 45° miter cut thru an 8-1/2″ board. So again, really good capacities on the crosscut. I attach 2 sets of wood screwed to the fence which serve as zero clearance kerf boards for both, 0 and 90 deg cuts and that works well. And to conclude my Makita LS1018 review I would add this: The saw literally has great features for just about any type of user.

And while it doesn’t quite have the vertical board cutting capacity of the Dewalt DW717, it still has a decent fence and can handle most crown molding and baseboard jobs. The weight of this beast is 26 Kilograms, so it’s pretty lightweight as well. 82.5×53.6×63.3 cm are its space dimensions. It has an electric brake along with an oversized trigger switch. Do you know that its blade guard is also transparent? This makes your life much easier for line cuts. However it’s decently priced, and DIYers, hobbyists, and woodworkers can also get great benefits from this toolAs with all saws the bag is useless and actually should always have a vacuum attached. Also the laser is hard to see when working out in the sun. But c'mon, it ain't gonna chill your beer for you. Let us now discuss the benefits of MAKITA LS1018L. The benefits are explained below for your convenience; Another very lucrative feature is the laser light which runs on Lithium-ion batteries. As expected, the laser beam produces a straight line over which the saw blade runs to shear through the wood. After marking the wood pieces, planks, or logs with a pencil, just align them with the laser beam to cut precisely without any mistake. As the Makita LS1018L is equipped with a 260-millimetre wide blade the user can easily cut beams up to 9 centimetres deep. The large blade of MAKITA is indeed quite helpful. To ensure the utmost accuracy, Makita have fitted the LS1018LN with a laser guide rail and offer a max bevel range of 45 - 45 º to really get into those intricate cuts. Safety hasn't been neglected as Makita have equipped this saw with an electric brake and a soft start function to minimise the chance of the blade causing injury. Weighing in at 20.6kg this product is surprisingly lightweight and is sold as a single unit.

Thestandard (somewhat poor) dust collection is one of the negatives most people notice. However, this has not been a deal killer for anyone that I’ve seen. It’s somewhat middle-of-the-road on cost, so you won’t have to pay top dollar, while still getting really great cutting capacities and a professional grade build-quality. MFR warranty included. You can adjust this saw’s miter angle up to 47° left, and 60° right. These are good ranges and should allow you to achieve just about any kind of miter you would need. The MotorDouble sliding rails with linear ball bearings on each rail ensures a perfectly smooth and accurate cut Moreover, there is an additional voucher inside the box for claiming another saw blade for free. The Advantages

I don't understand what all the negative comments are about for this machine. I think it's quite adequate. I'm an engineer/home handyman and wanted something of reasonable quality. After setting the unit up as per the manual to register all cutting planes at 90 degrees, no problems. Sure, the saw is at the bottom of the Makita price points, and equal price to the top Ryobi price points, though after a very good run since buying, sensational value and an accurate, well made saw. Being a sole trader, money is wisely spent on tools, looking for value and not necessarily an overkill with more than what might be required for my purposes.

As you can see, it’s a dual bevel saw. You can bevel left and right, both to 45°. While I would prefer a slightly extended bevel range, say to 47°, the 45° is industry standard and this will take care of 95% of most peoples beveling needs. It’s built to last and has a decent warranty for the price tag. I would say for non-professionals, this tool will probably last a really long time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment