276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Speak Your Truth: The Sunday Times top ten bestseller

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Speaking your truth means that you stay true to who you are, whether it’s your feelings, opinions, or morals. Don’t hide what you feel for the sake of someone’s approval of you, it shouldn’t work that way. Family Mindfulness: 3 Ways I Share My Practice When people learn that I’m a mindfulness teacher, I’m often asked about how to use mindfulness with your kids. This is an interesting question for me as a parent. My professional training and experience is in teaching adults (I don’t teach kids’ classes), but I do share my own mindfulness... The following are five reflections that might inspire you to practice speaking your truth. You Are Not Responsible for Other People’s Feelings Remember: Inauthenticity breeds inauthenticity. Authenticity breeds authenticity. Give yourself permission to say “I’m a little sad today, but I’m hanging in there” or “I’m fantastic; today’s been an inspiring day” or “I’m so stressed I can’t even feel my face.” Most of the time you will not speak your truth because you don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings. That’s natural and oftentimes a good practice, depending on the time and circumstances of the dialogue. However, there are important and immediate situations in which you need to put forth your belief for clarification or conviction.

It is not necessary to push your truth onto someone else. And it’s not your job to fix anyone. However, it is your disposition to speak your truth when necessary to a person in conflict or to a person who plainly asks you what you think and how you feel. Your words resonate with me as well. With children and grandchildren, I recognize a passed on pattern. Unfortunately, the best I can offer is to lead by example of change. I know many of the patterns shaped in my children were based on a need to protect. If I feared being judged, stepping wrongly, I encouraged caution, and making choices to fit. Something I’ve learnt is that there is no room for fear to be present when we are speaking the truth, whether we are speaking in public to a large group or to someone we love, because if we are fully present, giving and breathing deeply, our fear will melt away. If we’re still feeling nervous, anxious or afraid, it means we are still letting our heads do the talking, and more often than not, that voice is saying “I wonder what everyone is thinking of me right now, I wonder how they think I’m doing.” In a world surrounded by distractions, it’s easy to harden your heart and forget everything you feel. When you speak your truth, you open your heart with your honesty, transparency, and vulnerability. It’s one of the ways to give your heart to others and remind them that the world isn’t always too harsh and cold.

Your body knows. Truth is found in feelings. Therefore listen when the body speaks. Instead of judging your somatic response as bad or wrong, simply see it as information serving your wellbeing; as guiding you away from staying late for work, chairing a board, or being there for your inconsolable friend…again! 5 Steps to Reclaiming Your Voice “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ~ Anais Nin On reflection, it seems to me that the speech’s take on “truth” would’ve been improved not by eliminating any notion of speaking “your truth,” which has its place, but by phrasing that final anecdote in a way that made one point more clear: that Recy Taylor wasn’t just speaking “her truth,” she was speaking “the truth” to power—and that her unpaid claim to justice is inseparable from that fact. When you go to speak, whether in reply to someone who is testing your patience or simply just to a friend who probably needs your help, take a moment to connect with your heart so your thoughts and words come from a more caring place, and then ask yourself these questions: Now exhale this breath slowly out of the mouth, making a conscious effort to listen to the “hum” sound that is associated with the air leaving your body. I think of authentic communication as sharing the unfiltered essence of ourselves with others, including our identities, feelings, needs, boundaries, and desires.

When you speak with honesty, it usually stems from your inside passion, compassion and interests. When you’re talking with your friend, lover or coworker, start by being honest while talking to them. You will showcase what interests and fuels you, while also bettering the state of your heart because honesty feels, and looks better from the outside. 2 You forget fear

11. Your creative side will flourish

That’s where it started to jar. That was maybe the catalyst that made me think: ‘I don’t think I can do this.’ It’s hell. You want to go and hide, but you can’t, because your job is being out there every day.” Healing &Activation: My invitation to you is to participate in my online healing and activation ceremonies. Drawing upon the power and mystery of Starlight and its many emanations, transformation takes place at the quantum or cellular level, creating radical changes in health and empowerment. Ever find yourself reliving the same negative life experiences over and over again? Learn how to use your Chakras as a tool to heal even your most painful traumas and finally liberate yourself from a cycle of pain, frustration and anxiety.

The letter H can be useful to create some two-letter words but there are some longer, high scoring words too. Here are some examples. Thank you, Vince, for sharing these insights. Although I’m just at the beginning of this article, I’m so deeply moved that I want say thank you already now. I’m working through what you wrote bit by bit. The change this initiates it’s huge. I need to pace myself. Thank you … This can’t be stressed enough. Being honest saves you the stress of digging yourself in a hole by lying. If someone finds out the lie, you have not only dug yourself deeper, but have to dig yourself out. Why not just be truthful instead? 5. It will shape up your morals Healthier Relationships - Leave the relationships that don’t serve you and shift the ones that need a “boundaries boost.”It's been said that the most powerful tool for physical health is a fork (or spoon), since the choices you make with it determine the good or bad things you put into your body. Tell your friends you haven’t seen the most recent episode of Game of Thrones. Liberate yourself from the impossible responsibility of being all-knowing. 5. When someone asks your preference on a simple matter, tell them the truth.

As a recovering people-pleaser, I spent much of my life believing it was my responsibility to facilitate, or ease the tension in, conversations. For many years, I feared “awkward silences” the way someone else might fear spiders or clowns. Go-to-Person: You end up taking things on for others, even though you don’t have to. You may find yourself taking on many projects, for instance, and then suddenly being the lead for those projects, despite your reluctance and overwhelm. Growing Fearless: Mindfulness, Public Speaking and Performance Anxiety Once when I was at university, I had to do a presentation. Not a huge one, there were only about a handful of people in the room. But I choked. Literally. I felt so uncomfortable that the words would not actually come out of my mouth. I was mortified. Afterwards,... When your circumstances invite you to present your true self to others, do you accept the invitation? You feel out of integrity with your highest self, like something is just “off” and you can’t put your finger on it.No one wants to have a friend, companion, child, sibling or parent that lives in a world of lies. Think about whom you call your best friend, how often are they honest with you? If it’s often, that’s why you love and value them. Seek out a lifestyle full of 100% honesty, and watch how many people begin to value you.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment