276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ 320GB HD Digital TV Twin Tuner HD Recorder - Installation Recommended (Old model)

£49.5£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We haven't had time yet to delve into the media file manager (watch out for a more in-depth review appearing here soon) but first impressions of watching and recording with the Foxsat-HDR are excellent. Yes it's for the Foxsat-HDR to allow it to play non native video content. It creates the required sidecar files. I've still got the original software (as per screenshot), was hoping someone could advise which software to use, how to upload it and what advantages it would bring? Without being too technical! Upscaling of standard-definition pictures is good enough too, and usefully, you can bypass that feature altogether by setting the video output options to 'original'. It's an asset any AV enthusiast will value and, as an added nod to convenience, the Humax will output 5.1 over HDMI, too.

I want to add a new satellite into my Humax Foxsat HDR. But I can't see any option in the menu to add a new satellite. E-g: INTELSAT 17 at 66.0°E Don't know if this will help you, but I have my Foxsat HDR set to power on at 12:30 pm and off at 12:40 pm each day, set on CH HD (5001) Question 4) Why does Foxsat come out of standby and stays on BBC 1 London which is not even on my TV guide, as I have hidden all none HD channels? No idea why it comes on in the afternoon and stays on until I turn it off despite the next recording is not scheduled until in the evening. The EPG is also superb, using an instantly accessible grid layout and excellent use of the remote keys to skip forward in time or switch to a List view. When you set something to record, it asks if you want to record the whole series or the single event, and if a programme is being simulcast in HD it asks which version you want to record. On the other hand, if all the capacitors have perfectly flat tops, it's questionable whether you really have a PSU problem and I do not recommend just replacing the caps without further investigation. As there is a reasonable chance your unit is unrepairable, you have little to lose by sourcing a total replacement second hand, and then using that as an aid to diagnosis (swap PSUs). If the fault moves with the PSU you do indeed have a PSU fault and it may be possible to do something about it. If the fault remains with the motherboard, you have a scrap unit available for parts.We were excited by the inclusion of BBC HD in the line-up of channels, as this was the first time free-to-air HD programming had been made available in the UK. For further opinions on the Freesat service, see our Humax Foxsat-HD review (What’s New, Shopper 247). I don't have a seperate subnet for WiFi and hard wired. I cannot connect my desktop PC to the Foxsat by cable as they are in diffferent rooms and I don't have an ethernet cable that long, the connection at present is using a tp-link Powerline kit. I could connect my laptop to the Foxsat by cable and see if that will connect. This Freesat & Freesat+ Setup Guide is based on the Humax FOXSAT-HD and Humax FOXSAT-HDR receivers, Setup on other brands and models may vary, see your Instruction Manual for details. Over ethernet you do not specify how you are copying vis the share (smb) or ftp. I suspect ftp may handle multiple streams better. It is quite some time since I had a Foxsat but it was never that fast. Select Yes and press the OK button to restore all setting to factory default. To return to the previous menu, select No and press the OK.

I got a feeling something has gone wrong with my custom firmware installation as nothing seems to that straight. Mind you the box displays "custom firmware 4.1.3" every time it boots up. Hi guys, sorry to ask a slightly different question... I've tuned in ch4 HD in stb mode. But the switching between freesat and stb mode is slightly annoying. It will only find freesat channels with a manual tune and then the channel numbers are all starting with 5000. This makes looking for programmes to watch awkward.

Select a product first.

Select whichever of these you wish, then Edit the name and enter the LNB frequency, DiSEqC mode etc. Should you try to record a programme available in both SD and HD, the Humax will ask you to choose which version you prefer. And should you try to record too many channels at once, the Foxsat-HDR will cleverly inform you of repeat showings – so you can record the show you're after at another time. Bit confused by the filename of "raydon_s_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.1.3" that the 4.13 link goes to in post #1. Is the CF bundled within that as the filename makes no reference to CF? I get zero missed recordings on CH HD, whether the power on/off is the reason why I'm not sure, but it seems to work.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment