276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mondaine Helvetica No1 Bold Women's/ Men's Watch, Black Leahter Strap, App with Coaching Function iOS / Andorid

£39.995£79.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At first glance the 1 Smart looks like a traditional mechanical watch, with no digital displays or readouts acting as clues to its technological innards beneath. The main differences between it and a traditional Mondaine is that the smartwatch loses the red-colour second hand, while that silver-grey face is interrupted by a second white dial with red iconography where number 6 would otherwise live. This latter component isn't an annual calendar, but an analogue representation of steps taken in a given day; it's the smart technology at the heart of this unique timepiece. The inner index is white and is a progress meter based on a 100% scale. It has squares for every 5% and numerals every 25%. Throughout the day, as you walk around, the hand will progress around in relationship to your set steps goal. The idea being that you can just glance at the watch rather than access your phone for your current progress.

The insurance covers you against accidental loss, damage or theft. Items are covered Nation wide and up to 30 consecutive days abroad each year the insurance runs, in the event you wish to make a claim and the claim is accepted, you won't have to pay any excess fees. Most controversial (and perhaps most endearing to some) is the asymmetrical text on the dial that tapers down to the date window. It’s distinctive, not everyone will love it, but it’s the little twists like this that help you stand out from the crowd and turn pieces into potential classics. It is important you read the certificate as this details the terms, conditions and any restrictions in cover. Any insured person who is not a UK resident, loss from baggage unless being carried by the insured person, any items stolen from an unattended vehicle, any loss from wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical or electrical breakdown or cleaning and renovation.

They also announced that this tech would be available to other brands for use, showing it in Alpinas (sister brand of Frederique Constant) and more interestingly in Mondaines. Though they only teased the watch, it was striking in appearance, perhaps making more sense as a platform for this new technology. Rather than create a new aesthetic concept for their Smart Watch, they took their Helvetica 1 Bold watch and adapted it. I reviewed the Helvetica watches last May, and found them to be genuinely attractive and interesting watches, so I was excited to see how the tech mixed in. Fast forward a year, and I’ve now had the pleasure of getting to try the Mondaine Helvetica 1 Smart Watch out for myself. At the bottom of the watch face is the secondary dial that offers an at-a-glance look at your progress against your daily goal. Unlike the Withings Activité, however, things are a bit more detailed than just a goal percentage.

It's all a bit basic, and the graphics could do with jazzing up but the essential info is all there and easily accessible, and there's also the option of exporting data to data files or connected social media apps – at least there will be in the finished design. So, we'll reserve judgement on some of the bugs we encountered – most notably the beta app thought our watch was a Frederique Constant device and we had issues aligning the date hand. It’s a busy sub-dial, but the use of color coded hands and indexes makes it easy to read. In general, I like the looks of it and think that the design looks cool with a sub-dial. That said, I think the elements could have been stylized a bit more. Sure, the typeface being used is Helvetica, but the overall design of the sub-dial feels a bit generic in the end. Functionality Any losses from baggage, clothing or other belongings unless such baggage, clothing or belonging is being carried by hand or worn by the Assured or by any other person to whom the Assured has given the insured item as a gift. It's a novel approach which mirrors that of Fossil over the past couple of years, and it's refreshing to see that Mondaine isn't content in just playing off its brand when it comes to smartwatches.i) ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of i) war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection,

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment