276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools | First

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Further new features are specific to the 2i2 and 4i4. The reworked preamps have an impressive 69dB of gain, which we found ideal for low-output mics such as ribbons. The 2i2 and 4i4 preamps also include optional auto gain and clip safe. But be warned of phantom power. Just make sure to plug your laptop into an external power source while using these audio interfaces. They are the same interface in terms of looks and functionality, BUT — the latter has more features that offer sound engineers more possibilities whenrecording. For minimal latency input monitoring the Solo includes a single function Direct button, and the 2i2 is a dual-function Direct button, with mono and panned options. The 4i4 has no hardware option but has 3 software cue mixes, accessible via Focusrite Control 2.

To reiterate, when setting your buffer size, what you are doing is giving the CPU of your computer a period of time to process audio, before it is passed to and from the interface and the recording software. As every engineer will tell you, the best practice is to connect all your mics with phantom power turned off, then only engage phantom power on mic channels that need it once they are connected. But, there are several differences between the two products that may justify your investment. Technical FeaturesIf you're sat 1m (just over an arm's length) from your speakers then the latency between the sound from your speaker and your ear is 3.4ms. If your interface uses Focusrite Control/Scarlett Mix Control, then please bear in mind that the output routing on these devices is flexible. To set up 1-to-1 routing: Part of the time this takes is the 'buffer size', which you can set yourself. You can adjust the buffer size for your needs. Using a lower buffer size (and therefore getting less latency) gives your CPU less time to process the audio and therefore the CPU must work harder to process the audio in time. This preset assigns a Mix (Custom Mix in Focusrite Control) to each of the interface's analogue outputs.

THD+N 0.0025% (‘A’ weighted measured with 16dB input gain, -1dBFS at output and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)

Specification

Buying either of these Focusrite Scarlett models also give you access to the same bundle of plug-ins and software. Please note that if you're using an application that includes ASIO support (e.g. Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Cubase, Studio One, Reaper etc) then all input and output channels will be available to you by default, this article may not be applicable. Looking only at the cost itself, the 2i2 is a decent amount of money LESS than the 2i4. If the price point is the only factor that concerns you, then you might as well get the 2i2.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment