276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the war between the Windsors. The Sunday Times no 1 bestseller

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have known about Meghan since 2011. I watched Suits from the day it premiered. I have never been a fan of Meghan, I always thought she felt inauthentic and calculated. Her version of HER TRUTH (recollections may vary) and no other seems to be her mantra.....anything else and you're the enemy. Use, abuse & forget (ghost) once your usefulness is over. The book goes quiet lightly on the wayward Prince. He is shown as a self centred but easily manipulated. Did he see his chance for finding a wife running out, after the previous long-term girlfriends had rejected him and jumped on it? Nothing at all to do with Meghan. So although there is no way of doubting Meghan's lies (she swore an affidavit prepared by her lawyer that she didn't know anything about Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Familyand then in court had to admit she gave 31 point briefing of what she wanted written in the book and collaborated fully). When I finished the first chapter, I was sure I shouldn’t have bought the book but decided to give it a chance. When I finished the second chapter, I knew I was done with the book. He gives us an overview of Meghan’s life before Harry, the family she grew up in and the hopes and dreams she had. Which reveals an unwavering single-minded determination. I have the impression that this is a defining characteristic for how this is going to go in future.

of the Best Revenge Novels A Dish Best Served Told: 10 of the Best Revenge Novels

When I saw this book I was like let me read this instead Tom Bower is a practiced biographer and as I saw here he doesn’t just sum up rumours for sales. He talked to over 80 people to make sure he got his facts straight and it reflects on the quality of this book. She claims her treatment in England was unfair when: she never tried to fit in with the Royal Family, she acted like a spoiled brat from day one, she bullied staff, demanding the family change for her instead of the other way around. She wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She wanted the fame, the money, the adoration, and none of the work. Do they deserve each other? Oh yes for sure, its actually scary how identical they are....I keep getting stronger and stronger Wallis and Edward vibes the more this soap opera advances. This is not a well-written book by any stretch of the imagination. Bower is a very poor technical writer - he overuses certain words (e.g. 'pertinently') FAR too much, and his overall style is dry and repetitive. However, I do give this book kudos for being clear and easy to follow. It chronicles Meghan's life and career from birth onwards, as well as of course her introduction to Harry and explosive departure from the royal family. You know when someone is negative and a dragger? That is the whole narrative, from the book conception to the choice of wording. It is a cynical and biased effort to cash some easy money by the author, the publisher and (I can’t rule out) some people interviewed for the book.

Table of Contents

During her short lifetime, she published only this one novel. The violent tale was received with dismay. But its reputation grew. And grew. Into a classic. It was published 174 years ago, and still feels relevant and contemporary. The foundling Heathcliff could never cope with the fact that his twin flame Catherine married a childhood friend. A wonderful novel depicting passion and revenge spanning generations. Although she came over as friendly, compliant and considerate to work with in the small parts she managed to swing in Hollywood, she could not ace more prominent roles in auditions. She did not make it further than the auditions. Meghan was unable to lose herself and become a character. Instead she tried to change the characters to become her. Her telephone never brought her the 'eurekas' she so desperately craved. Hollywood did not cater to that kind of narcissistic self-importance. She just could not get over herself, is the long and short of it.

Revenge by Tom Bower, review: a portrait of Meghan as a

On a simpler note this book is about really shitty people doing shit to other shitty people while the rest of the world is trying to either get their shit together or trying to better their shitty existence. Harry needs to grow up and learn life is not easy, even if you are a privileged brat from a broken home. He made his choice to leave The Firm, that means you lose the benefits of that employment...More problematic, though, is Bower’s bias. His eagerness to paint Meghan in the most unattractive light leads him to do her down on everything: he is even scathing about her cookery skills. Meanwhile, the Duchess of Cambridge is elevated to the position of a saint. When the women attend Wimbledon together, “beside the taller, authoritative future queen, [Meghan] appeared diminished”. Oh, come on; both women are beautiful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment