276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Morphy Richards 470006 Intellisteam, Kitchen Food Steamer, Perfectly Synchronised Meal Solution, Intelligent Cooking, BPA Free, 1600 W, 6.8 liters, Stainless Steel

£75£150.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The big downfall that we can’t really get past is that the steam holes are on the larger size. If you were to steam peas or other small items, they may well just drop through. It is also a bit of a monster in terms of storage thanks to the round shape even when collapsed, so not the best if you’re low on storage space or worktop availability. A deceivingly large food steamer, the Intellisteam is a favourite with a lot of users and effortlessly combines ease of use with efficiency. Now don’t get me wrong, I love steamed food and appreciate all the health benefits of cooking with less fat, sealing in nutrients etc. But there’s just something comical about steamers that makes me feel like I’m stepping into Abigail’s Party. Size. The Intellisteam’s footprint is rather large to leave out on the worktop unless you use it several times a week. Once plugged in, the turbo steam ring takes just 40 seconds to start cooking your food, and with a large water reservoir there’s enough to fuel an hour of steaming. Juices from the upper basket run into the compartments below, so be wary of placing a strong flavoured dish, like salmon, at the top. We’d advise putting fish and meat at the bottom, potatoes or veggies in the middle and rice at the top.

Easy to Clean】Juice accumulating plate to prevent dripping, dishwasher-safe tiers for easy and convenient cleaning. Requiring no oil and giving off no smoke, steaming your food leaves very little mess to clean up after you have finished. I found emptying the machine quite cumbersome. Probably if you gauge the water quantity required for cooking better you’d have less left afterwards but then I’d be nervous about it boiling dry inside. There is a spout at the side to top up.

Take the hard work out of a healthy lifestyle with these food steamers

The Intellisteam has an easy-to-use digital display, there’s a rice tray and compartment divider included (both dishwasher safe) and it will even remember the last settings you used for each food group to minimise fumbling around. Overall, we think the Morphy Richards Intellisteam is a smart choice for its compact design and many attractive features. Rice Bowl: It is hard to get rice just perfect, but steamers can do the majority of the work for you. If this appeals, look for a model with a rice steamer insert. It can take a while to cook, but results are generally impressive An alarm sounds if the water drops below the minimum level, and a pull-out refill inlet makes topping it up effortless without allowing additional steam to escape during cooking, as with some other open refill models. Delayed Start: Working alongside the timer, some digital models may allow you to choose the time they get to work, so your veg is ready when you get home This is an important factor when buying any new cooking appliance. For feeding four people, you probably want about 9 litres to work with. Most are split over three level tiers, which gives you approx. 3 litres per basket.

Firstly, the quality. With a glass basket and stainless steel attachments, there is no denying that this is going to be a long-lasting and sturdy appliance to use. They’re all dishwasher safe, and they clean up very well without any staining or colouring from certain foods. We were impressed with the multi-cooker for many reasons. One of which is the option to adjust the time and temperature to ensure your food is prepared exactly how you like it. And with an automated keep warm feature, there’s no need to stress about getting your dish straight on the table. I have always been fond of steamed puddings but rarely make them as I don’t like faffing with pots wrapped in foil, tied with string etc (I am a microwave the Christmas pudding kind of girl). So steaming a pudding in a container the same shape as a loaf tin really appealed to me. The timer can sit anywhere between 0 and 60 minutes, and if water does run out before you get the chance to top it up, then the power will cut out, so the elements aren’t damaged with running dry. When you do need to top up though, a small inlet at the side of the base makes pouring from a jug or bottle simple.As someone without a functioning kitchen at the moment, in theory this is a gadget that could have been very useful during my current building work. Sadly it wasn’t practical to hump it up the stairs full of (hot) water to drain and the microwave, with zero washing up beyond wiping its interior has been serving us instead. The digital control gets you up and running in seconds, with an illuminated power button, large display screen, and start/pause button. There is a keep warm function, and you can opt to reheat your food as well, which could well make your microwave redundant. As a bonus, if you’re cooking for guests, the glass basket can be lifted straight off the steamer and placed on the dinner table as a serving dish. A 1-litre water compartment should last a while, and an audible beep sounds if it starts running low. Keep Warm: Great if you’ve mistimed all the components of your meal or something has come up, but you’ll still need to ensure that there’s enough water in the base

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment