276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Inn on Harmony Island: A Sweet, Small Town, Southern Romance (Sweet Tea and a Southern Gentleman Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Miles thinks there's a way for everyone to be happy...but I'm not so sure. And I don't think it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Half way through the book I was still confused as to who the main love interest was and it was unclear if Shelbly found him to be her ex-stepbrother or a potential romance partner. Oh my god! I didn’t realized how good this book was going to be! It was a Tiktok find and let me tell you ! I freaking LOVED it! I felt the girls heartbreak! And the small town first love !. I can’t even describe how much I love this book! I’m dying that I have to wait a year for the second book 😞 . If u could give this book more then 5 stars I would! To be frank, don't waste your time on it, very easy to read, you can read it in a day easily. There is hardly any action 90% of the book. By the time, I got to the good part your just annoying with the author. You don't know what's happening to Abigail and what's happening to the main character and the ex-stepbrother. I hated that he seemed disappointed. But I needed him to move on. Returning to my one-bedroom apartment in New York where I could bury my memories until they were good and dead was the only thing holding me together. I cursed myself. Why had I allowed our gazes to meet? I’d spent most of my three days here giving short answers and keeping to myself in the only motel in town. The other lodging options, Harmony Island Inn and the Apple Blossom B&B, were places I swore I would never go.

It wasn’t until I’d stepped out into the rain, raising my purse up over my head that I heard his response.
“Goodbye, Shelby.”
Like a dam breaking inside of me, the tears began to flow. I need to take TikTok recommendations with a grain of salt, the scene the author showed was taken completely out of context and made to seem way more dramatic than it was. And one time Shelby helped making breakfast for the guest at the Inn and got some flour on her cheek: Shelby's choices and her internal struggles made me need to keep reading. I had hope that she would come to terms with what happened in her past, and she'd forgive the man who held so much love for her.

I did enjoy this book. The relationship between the main characters definitely left me with questions. It’s a weird one to say the least. I'm determined to stay distant, living in the small cottage next to the inn, and keep my head down. But in a small town where everyone knows your name, that becomes difficult. Soon, my past catches up with me and I'm faced with the history I've buried for so long. Just when I reach my breaking point, Miles, the single dad living at the inn, swoops in to my life to rescue me. He was my protector in my childhood, my enemy in my teenage years, and now? TikTok books are a trap. An absolute trap. I watched a few tiktoks that the author posted of scenes from this book. It sounded amazing, especially the scene where he says he needs to protect both of them in the same house. But ugh this book was so incredibly disappointing. Absolutely nothing that happened made sense. The entire book took place in about 5 days worth of time, yet somehow none of it made sense. There was zero character development, I felt absolutely no connection to either of the main characters. And we had POVs from a completely unrelated character. I typically don't bother finishing books that I can't stand the plotline or the timeline, but like I said, I was waiting for that one TikTok scene and it didn't happen until about 90% of the way through the book, and was honestly nothing compared to what the author's posts made it seem like it was going to be about. I know what you mean.” Miles slipped off his suit coat, folded it in half, and rested it on the chair behind him. Then he yanked at his tie and loosened the top two buttons of his white shirt. Miles is Shelby's ex-stepbrother. They had always gotten along well until he helped destroy her life one night. Shelby just can't forgive him for ruining her life. Miles has loved Shelby for years and he knows she was hurt by his actions but he only wanted to protect her and make her happy. He could see things she couldn't see.Don’t even get me started on the nonverbal three year old who only eats cheerios, plays with toys, and takes four naps a day, never needing or interrupting adults. I thought I was content with my life. My business is booming. I have a boyfriend. Sabrina is coming out of the darkness that seemed to have taken over her since Samuel's birth. But for some reason, I'm not happy. Even though I wanted to console my ego and convince myself that it was okay that Miles had cried more times than I had during the funeral planning. That the funeral director handed him the box of tissues and never offered them to me. Nothing I could say to myself would fix the cold, hard heart my past had left me with. The man asked for my name, and I managed to get that out. He didn’t say much else as he put the car into drive and took off down the small, one-lane road that led to Main Street. My phone chimed again, pulling me from my thoughts. I pushed my purse strap higher up onto my shoulder and then gave him a weak smile.

I know what you mean.” Miles slipped off his suit coat, folded it in half, and rested it on the chair behind him. Then he yanked at his tie and loosened the top two buttons of his white shirt. After ruffling his gelled hair, he began to unbutton his cuffs and roll up his sleeves. “She never wanted you to stay away, but she understood why you left.” After ruffling his gelled hair, he began to unbutton his cuffs and roll up his sleeves. “She never wanted you to stay away, but she understood why you left.”
His words were like poison to my soul. It was easier to believe that my grandmother hated me than to think she’d spent her life waiting for me to return. No one had it perfect. We’d messed up so bad that, sometimes, the best thing to do was to call a foul and walk away.His words were like poison to my soul. It was easier to believe that my grandmother hated me than to think she’d spent her life waiting for me to return. When I was in New York, I could pretend that we had a mutual understanding. Our family was toxic. A broken mix of flawed people that fate stupidly threw together. My grandmother, my mother, and me. He didn’t say anything as I passed by. It wasn’t until I’d stepped out into the rain, raising my purse up over my head that I heard his response.

She also made it seem like there was going to be this huge connection between Shelby and Belle, when she literally only babysat her like once, yet in the middle of the book she's saying she loves her more than anything and will do anything for her after knowing her for mere days.What was wrong with me?Miles’s gaze dropped down to the spot I had touched before he brought his gaze up to meet mine. His dark blue eyes had turned stormy, which caused my stomach to flip-flop.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment