276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BRITA Marella Fridge Water Filter Jug, 2.4L - White. Half Year Pack, Includes 6 x MAXTRA+ Filter Cartridges for Reduction of Chlorine, Limescale and Impurities

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It really does NOT filter much out from your water and not really worth it in my opinion. The Best Brita Alternative? ZeroWater Filter

I was sceptical that the water from different filters could really taste all that different. But during our taste test I was surprised – some had a smooth, almost creamy mouthfeel, or more of a bite, just as Patel describes. For those who are perhaps not quite as invested in the terroir and taste of their glass of water as Milin, which filter jug should you buy for everyday use? Also, remember that you don’t just need clean water to drink on its own. You can use filter water for cooking and making teas. Some water filters reviewed below remove TDS from the water, but Magnus Jern of Tapp Water says this isn’t always a good thing. “High TDS is really not a measure of water quality,'' Magnus says. “TDS primarily consist of healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate.” It’s up to you, and your preferred taste, whether you opt for a filter that removes TDS or not. Is it worth buying a water filter jug? Despite it’s great credentials there are some things wrong that you should know about before you buy…. When and Why To Use BRITA Filter? It is one of the easiest water filter jugs to use. The BRITA Marella XL comes with an easy flip-top lid. This lid makes it both easy to refill and pour out the filtered water.If you need something that doesn’t just filter but provides you with healthy alkaline water then this is my top recommendation: The 10 cup model I test would be too big for smaller fridges, but it holds an impressive 2.3l of filtered water, and the clever design means you can either pour the water out of the top of the jug or dispense it at the bottom. If you need a smaller or larger capacity, the jug comes in a wide range of sizes from six cups to 30 cups. The unit is very small yet powerful with a ridiculously long feature list but here are just some of its features: Traditionally, water has been filtered with moringa seeds, clay and dried coriander to make it safer and improve the taste, as well as charcoal, which is still used in water filter jugs now, says Milin.

BRITA Marella XL does not remove fluoride. Something that is important to note if fluoride is an issue in your home.A water filter jug enables you to drink pure water without single-use plastic bottles – in the UK we throw away 7.7 billion of them per year. Some also think it's better for your health, although Milin is a big fan of our tap water and says there's no evidence it's not good for you. Filtering can also change the taste of tap water. TDS is measured in parts per million (ppm) and you can taste “all of the minerals that are dissolved in the water naturally. That’ll be calcium, magnesium, potassium, bicarbonate, silica, iron, zinc. This is what gives water its character: the creaminess, the saltiness, the oiliness, the bite,” Milin says. “If you drink an 8,000 year-old, mineral-rich glacier water with a TDS of 7,500ppm, that’s a meal in itself.”

However, as Milin points out, it’s actually mineral content that gives water its flavour. ZeroWater’s output is totally flavourless and smooth – I personally preferred that the water above actually had a taste. Drinking from this ZeroWater jug is an interesting experience. It produces the purest drinking water on the market, filtering out 99.6 per cent of TDS and microplastics down to three microns in size through a five-stage filter. On testing, the TDS is 001 compared to 304 in my tap water – a remarkable result that shows it really does what it says on the tin (and the jug even comes with its own TDS meter).

Outstanding excellence

If getting a whole house water filter or tap faucet filter is too expensive or too much of a commitment then a portable water jug is ideal. However, it not only removes harmful contaminants from your water, it also provides you with richer water through alkalinization. Best Features Brita and BWT are the high street brands and they do a fine job of filtering tap water, which is always preferable to buying plastic bottled water,” says Milin. “There are carbon filters and exchange filters… all of which alter the flavour of the water slightly, but the main function of filter jugs is to remove the calcium and magnesium to soften the water, and to remove any chlorine taste." (Chlorine is added to tap water in very small amounts to disinfect it, and can leave a residual taste.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment