276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya Acrylic Mini XF-1 Flat Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mix: 5pts XF61 + 2pts XF62 + 2pts XF3. This is fraction darker than the standard so a wee touch more XF3 won't hurt. Then allow for scale effect. At last the final colour for Caunter. Specified as the darkest colour to be used on vehicles painted with the Caunter scheme. Came into use in 1940 and apparently retained as one of the alternative colours to be used with the 1942 patterns. In the 1980's, U.S. military developed new general-purpose vehicles which were intended to be used for a wide variety of military duties. Depending on the body type and fitted equipment, it could perform a wide range of roles. Of those different variants, the armament carrier type was one of the most numerous. Fitted with powerful armament such as an Mk.19 grenade launcher and M60 machine gun on a ring mount, they are used to guard units and important facilities in difficult conditions including the 1991 Gulf War, being vital for U.S. military activities. The kit features detailed suspension and realistic rubber tires. ?Included are a driver and gunner figures as well as 4 kinds of markings to depict a vehicle seen during the Gulf War. I found this on HMS Cornwall for anyone that might have the Kit, and who might be interested in painting her in an unusual colour, I found the attachment below, they have Cornwall in her launch/trial colour and then further colours, which I'm now considering

Items 81521 and 81021 (Tamiya X-21 Flat Base) can be used as a flattening agent on Tamiya Gloss bottle paints. Simply add any X-gloss color then add flat base. Mixing ratio: 1:1 Mix: 5pts XF2 + 5pts XF15 + 1 pt XF52. Be careful with XF52 as too much will turn your resulting colour too mauve. Desert Pink needs of a definite pale pink appearance. The mix may benefit from a touch more white.First off, here's a comparison of RAF Dark Green versus GSI's Mr. Color 309, Green FS34079, since 34079 is often mentioned as a close approximation. Bear in mind that Mr. Color 309 dries to a semi-gloss sheen, versus the dead flat reference chip, making it appear a bit darker. When airbrushing be certain to use any of the following Tamiya thinners: Items-81020, 81030, 81040, 81520, 87077. The paint can be also thinned for airbrushing using Tamiya Lacquer Thinner. Using Tamiya Lacquer Thinner will yield faster drying results and a harder finish.

This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. I just realized I have a bottle of GSI's Mr Color 361 RAF Dark Green (WW2) number from their RAF Color Set 2. I'll add a swatch of that one tomorrow when I have some time. I also have some related Humbrol enamel swatches I can throw in as well (and no, Humbrol 30 Dark Green is not close at all. Oddly, it still looks good when used on early-war RAF fighters though. But maybe it's just me). This is the colour that replaced SCC 2 brown as the basic colour from April 1944 on for use in NWE and Italy to avoid the need to repaint US equipment. But NOT Bailey Bridges, these remained SCC 2 brown.These colours were the basic and disruptive colours respectively used from 1941 in UK and on vehicles in Tunisia, Sicily and Italy till end of the war in many cases. SCC1A was also used over SCC 15 in 1944-45. A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface. This was the colour specified in MTP 20 for use in scheme 1 for 'average European conditions'. This colour is matched to the colour that I use over Khaki Green 3 and which is based on the use of complimentary hues and low contrast values seen on numerous contemporary photographs and what few colour photographs exist for 1940 period vehicles.

This service does not deliver on a Saturday or Sunday. If you would like Saturday delivery please call us on 01782 409310. pts XF2 + 1 pt XF3 + 1 pt XF57. It could stand a fraction more XF2 and perhaps a fraction less XF57 but if I tweaked it then the proportions of the other colours would be really silly. For better paint brushing results use Tamiya Paint Retarder (item 87114) for a smoother brushstroke free finish. When it comes to Jamie, even me, as a fairly newish member, know about Jamie being so helpful, as he already has been to me on another couple of Models

Used in India and Burma on British and Commonwealth vehicles from about late 1942 - 1945 so your Chinese & Indian Sherman Vs and M3 Lees can be real dull now, as can many softskins too. It would have helped. Mix 2 pts XF51 + 1 pt XF61 + 1 pt XF3. Keep in mind that this is a very improvised comparison, but all comments and criticism are welcome.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment