276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PRO Sport Comfort Tape, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm not sure why so many cyclists seem to struggle with finishing tape. I see and hear very much the same regarding tennis grip finishing tape (which is very similar) and I've never had a problem using either and achieving excellent appearing results that stay in place until the grip needs replacing. I think it's just a matter of being hasty and not taking the extra 30 seconds, taking the care required to get it right.

products that meet this search were more expensive than Pro Sport Comfort Bar Tape and 1 were cheaper. Bar tape was traditionally made from cork or leather. Cork offers good absorption and remains grippy in wet weather while leather bar tape provides great comfort and has a classic appearance. With 134 products available we worked out that 85 cost more than Pro Sport Comfort Bar Tape and 37 were cheaper. Cost of Pro products We then wanted to get a bit more specific and only look at Pro products that are listed in the Handlebar Tape category. New handlebar tape is a sure-fire way to give your bike a new lease of life. Dave Caudery/Immediate Media

GET IN TOUCH

Gosh. A lot of you didn't spot the 2nd edition Di2 Sprint Shifters which are causing the problem... There is a nice piece of finishing tape included, though I always use electrical tape for the actual job of securing the wrap, then wrap this over the top for the neatest look. Similarly you’ll also want to spend some time looking at the features too. Again the table above, listing the features will give you a really good overview. However you should think about the sort of features that you’d expect when buying new Handlebar Tape. It’s worth writing a list of the “must-have” features so that you don’t end up compromising and missing some important features, or alternatively end up buying an unnecessarily high specced product. To fit I found it very good to use. it laid nicely and you can give it a good pull to keep it tight. if you need to redo a section then it easily unpeeles.

Thanks a lot Mike, appreciated! I'm sometimes a little doubtful about non brand stuff but that seems to come well recommended then! This thin tape was always going to have trouble keeping up in the comfort stakes. It’s not as harsh as we initially suspected, but it does make for increased road feel. One issue that can plague these grippy tapes is rapid surface wear. I've put just over a thousand kilometres into this tape though and the surface is holding up well, even in the spots where I tend to see tape wear first. ValueThe big hurdle with new bar tape is the wrapping. Pro mechanics do it in seconds, but I've got friends that actually pay me in beer to do theirs... mostly to stop my moaning about their shoddy, uneven work". The length of bar tape can also impact wrapping. If you are wrapping particularly wide bars, say on a gravel bike, then you will have less material to play with. These materials are still used, but today bar tape is more frequently made from synthetic materials such as polyurethane, silicone and rubberised polymers. Please get in touch if we don't have what you need. There's sometimes a chance we can get hold of specific items. The first thing is material. Looking at what Pro Sport Comfort Bar Tape is made of will give you a really good idea of the quality overall. Take a look at the specs above and you should be able to see the material. It’s then up to you to decide if it meets your expectation.

At road.cc every product is thoroughly tested for as long as it takes to get a proper insight into how well it works. So the first aspect of price that we’re going to look at is the price of Pro Sport Comfort Bar Tape.

Our reviewers are experienced cyclists that we trust to be objective. While we strive to ensure that opinions expressed Handlebar tape is primarily designed to enhance comfort and grip. This is particularly useful in wet weather or long rides. It can also reduce the risk of blisters. While this is bar tape’s main purpose, the bright colours available can be used to increase visibility and personalise the look of your bike. Fabric Bar Tape If the person who wrapped the tape in the photos is the same one bragging about doing his mates for beers, they must have low standards because that wrap round the lever in the side on picture is appalling! Don't crow about how good you are and then publically display that you're not as good as you think?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment