276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Is Your Own Time You’re Wasting: The SUNDAY TIMES bestseller from the hilarious teacher duo and podcast hosts, the Two Mr Ps

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This read is entertaining, comical, and credible, ensuring many will be able to relate to these tales, whether reminiscing over your school days or if you work in these settings. With chapters covering things like 'Show and Tell' and 'Teaching Through A Pandemic', and 'Weird Parent Interactions', this needs celebrating for providing some humour in today's harsh climates. I have loved every minute of this book, from Show & tell to Pandemic (being a parent during that time.) to “o moments” and to everything else. I have nodded my head to all the parts I can see happening in my school or what I’ve been through. I have sniggered to myself and my son asking “are you okay?” To cringing and saying “oh my goodness.” Out loud 😂😂 I feel I am slightly biased as after reading the first book (also via NetGalley - thank you), I have been an avid listener of the podcast, despite not being a parent or anything to do with the teaching profession. My housemate is an early years teacher and it's been a delight getting some more insight into her world. Another hilarious collection of anecdotes from the classroom, with a serious message about the current state of our education system.

Waste My Time GIFs | Tenor Waste My Time GIFs | Tenor

The authors are passionate about young people having a positive relationship with social media and argue for the introduction of a Digital Literacy Framework in England (it already exists in Wales). I love listening to the two Mr P's podcasts so it was a no-brainer that I'd want to read this book. The anecdotes are numerous and entirely relatable, I could definitely add many of my own and it gave a real sense of comradeship. I also related to a lot of the points as a parent and a homeschool survivor. As a Primary School teacher I was intrigued to read this book - I am only glad I received a review copy and didn't have to buy it as it would have been money I felt cheated of. The two Mr Ps have done it again! This is a great follow up from Put A Wet Paper Towel On It and is relatable for anyone who works/has worked in a school.This is the second of the collections of the amusing anecdotes that happen to teachers in the classroom. Some practices adopted during the pandemic, such as the introduction of digital teaching platforms, have led to positive changes in education; however, resistance remains. Anecdotes of primary school life from Lee (teacher) and Adam (HLTA).. The brothers have a podcast Two Mr Ps in a pod (cast) and the book is set out in this style. They recount various parts of school life that have happened to them or their listeners. A real laugh out loud book. Better than book 1 'Put a wet paper towel on it'. This has a serious end looking at how the brothers think education system could be improved post covid.

Loading interface - Goodreads

It's not only good for educators but it would also give parents an insight into life in a primary school setting. For books with (genuinely) funny stories of school life you should consider reading Gervase Phinn which are much better and are actually very funny!! Like the original, this has the perfect mix of nostalgia and humour and discusses how the education system has changed, both in recent times and very recent times, through COVID-19. What a read. I spent most of my time laughing out loud while reading this. It perfectly sums up the life of a teacher and I recognised a lot of things that I've said and experienced in the classroom. There are plenty of laugh out loud moments through anecdotes all involving teachers. As well as hilarious stories, there is also a chapter on how difficult it was teaching and home schooling during the pandemic. And as with the first book, the two Mr Ps continue with their firm critique of the education system.

Ironically, punctuation is another issue for me. Paragraphs and sentences really need to have more than commas sometimes, to avoid the reader being puzzled when a train of thought seems to end abruptly, and having to reread passages until they make sense. Don't be afraid of colons and semicolons! I’ve been teaching for 21 years in an infant setting. I must say you have made me laugh so much - doubled up on occasions! This was a super fun book based on teaching primary school kids from the perspective of teachers! I adored the first book and when I saw there was a release for the second, I couldn’t wait! If you’re looking for a guaranteed hilarious and funny read, this is your book. However, as it stands, much of this book *may* go over the heads of general readers - and I really do wonder if the manuscript was seen by an editor prior to publication. Overall though, an utterly brilliant follow up to the original and I almost enjoyed it more. I also loved your unique take and opinions on life and wholeheartedly agreed with your stances throughout.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment