276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Don Julio Reposado Tequila | 38% vol | 70cl | Luxury Tequila | Mellow | Elegant Flavour & Inviting Aroma | Recommended for a Mixed Drink or Cocktails | Rich & Smooth Finish

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Don Julio Tequila encourages consumers of legal drinking age to celebrate responsibly. About Don Julio Tequila The longer aging period of Añejo introduces more oak flavors, making it a great choice for whisky enthusiasts interested in exploring tequila. Don Julio's care and attention stretched even to the planting of his agave plants. He planted them further apart than was typical, which allowed them more space to grow. He harvested the agave only when it was fully mature, and then worked with only the most juicy and ripe parts of the agave heart, or piña. The piñas were roasted slowly for 72 hours. The result was a tequila which was smoother and richer than any had been before, and Don Julio achieved his dream of making the world's first premium tequila. Don Julio offer a refined 1942 añejo tequila and an extraordinary Real extra-añejo tequila Generally, good Reposados make better sippers than good blancos but it comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Don Julio Reposado is easier to drink than Don Julio Blanco as barrel aging made it sweeter and smoother while adding a pleasing oak note. During a blind tasting, the judges granted awards to three variants of Don Julio Tequila. Don Julio Blanco Tequila and Don Julio Añejo Tequila both won gold medals and Don Julio Reposado Tequila won a silver medal. After pounding shots of blanco tequila on your 21st birthday, you still have a few lessons to learn in the ways of agave. Patiently waiting for good things to come is the first of those lessons, which is immediately evident when sipping a reposado tequila. To make reposado, distillers take blanco tequila fresh from the still and store it in American or French oak barrels. Legally, reposado sits between blanco and añejo on the aging spectrum and must rest in the barrel for between two months and one year, which gives it just enough time to develop a unique flavor profile without losing younger notes from the original agave juice. Personally, I prefer reposados over Blancos as I’m fond of light oak flavors and the vanilla notes that aging in oak provides to the tequila. So this was an easy one and that’s because you voted for Reposado as part of #DrinkYourGram! Realistically, I’m always team Blanco for a Margarita, but it doesn’t mean a Reposado will be OUTSTANDING. Now because I used a Reposado Tequila, I wanted to bring out more of the savoury, nutty notes coming out, which is why I choose this particular Salt Rim… Cinnamon Salt Rim (Salty Paloma’s Sweetie Pie mixed with Kosher Salt)Don Julio Gonzalez established his roots and his distillery “La Primavera,” in Atotonilco, on the highlands of Jalisco. The essence and soul of Don Julio began from his sheer love for the land, the agave, his people, and the process for creating exceptional tequilas. Don Julio Reposado is the product of aging Don Julio Blanco for 8 months in an oak barrel before bottling. It’s worth noting that Añejo was considered Don Julio’s top-tier option until the introduction of 1942. How to drink it? Blanco tequila never sees the inside of an oak barrel. Without the influence of the wood, blanco tequila provides the purest expression of the agave’s natural flavors and clearly captures the terroir of the region where the blue agave was grown. Some producers choose to rest the tequila in steel tanks for less than two months to let the flavors settle a bit across batches before distributing it into individual bottles. But even this slight delay leaves most of the vivid, young, fiery flavors intact.

Rivas, Angel (6 December 2002). "Don Julio: 60 anos de hacer tequila". Mural . Retrieved 24 October 2008. McLoughlin, Gavin (4 November 2014). "Diageo sells off Bushmills to drinks giant Jose Cuervo". Irish Independent . Retrieved 4 November 2014.

Whether you’re a seasoned enthusiast or just dipping your toes into this world, I invite you to join me as we explore the fascinating realm of these legendary spirits. The good news is that I’ve got you covered on this with the following post comparing both releases from Don Julio. Is Don Julio Reposado better than Añejo? ALSO – NEVER SALT THE ENTIRE RIM. Unless you love it, so do you. I made mine decorative for the gram, but I typically just salt about 1/3 of the glass, because there’s nothing I hate more than a SALTTYYY margarita. Grand Marnier vs Cointreau

Lapcewich, Maggie (21 March 2012). "Don Julio González Estrada, Tequila Pioneer Dies at the Age of 87" (Press release). Diageo Global . Retrieved 20 February 2014– via Business Wire. My journey has seen me as an owner of sophisticated bars and renowned liquor shops, and even as a Mezcal distiller, honing the craft from scratch. My education and training include a thorough knowledge of agave spirits creation from planting agaves to bottling, including distillation. Don Julio Gonzalez-Frausto Estrada was born on 7 January 1925 in Atotonilco, Jalisco, where today's main facility is located. Don Julio learned the meaning of responsibility at an early age by working at his uncle José's tequila distillery. At the age of 23 he married Dorothea Garcia with whom he had 9 children. In 1942 he started a tequila distillery which would later be known as "La Primavera." By 1951, with the brand Tres Magueyes, he was on a path that would later become Tequila Don Julio in its different variants: Blanco, Reposado, Añejo, 70, 1942 and Real. Don Julio González-Frausto Estrada died on Tuesday, 20 March 2012 from natural causes. [10] [ non-primary source needed] Process [ edit ] For those of you that don’t know, Reposado translates to “Rested” in Spanish, and to be called a Reposado it needs to be aged for a minimum of 2 months and up to a year. So with that oak presence comes all the delicious notes we love, from caramel and vanilla coming out of the cask and into the tequila. So instead of using traditional kosher salt for the margarita, I decided to dress it up with a bit of Cinnamon. Now I had a batch of Salty Paloma‘s Sweetie Pie mix, and I simply added a 1:1 ratio of that and kosher salt. If you don’t have access to this product, add a dash of cinnamon to 2 tbsps kosher salt. Cinnamon powder goes a long way, so I wouldn’t create the same ratios I did with the Salty Paloma product.The way Don Julio made his tequila still inspires us to this day, it’s the same devotion, using the recipe originated and perfected by Don Julio Gonzalez almost 80 years ago. At this price range, there are superior alternatives worth considering, like the Siete Leguas Reposado, a personal favorite. The insights I’ve gained aren’t just from books or hearsay; they are the result of hands-on experience, countless tastings, and an enduring passion for these spirits. Kleinman, Geoff (13 March 2013). "How Tequila is Made: Behind the Scenes of Don Julio Tequila" . Retrieved 20 February 2014. Don Julio Tequila uses only the highest caliber, fully matured, and ripened Blue Agave cultivated within the Denomination of Origin and the majority coming from the rich, clay soils of the Los Altos region of the state of Jalisco. The Don Julio Tequila portfolio includes Don Julio Blanco Tequila, Don Julio Reposado Tequila, Don Julio Añejo Tequila, Don Julio 70 Tequila, Don Julio 1942 Tequila, and the limited-edition Don Julio Primavera Tequila.

In 1999 the now defunct, The Seagram Company Ltd., had invested in Tequila Don Julio, S.A. de C.V. of Mexico. The expanded agave plantations were a joint venture between the Gonzalez-Frausto, Funtanet, Andrade Rivera Torres, and Cuaik families. In 1999 Don Julio Gonzalez, delighted to forge a relationship with Seagram, stated, "I am proud that the Gonzalez-Frausto family joins with the Seagram family in a global effort behind Don Julio Tequila. I am committed to overseeing personally the agave plantations that are so vital to the superior and unique quality of the Tequila that bears my name." Diageo signed a joint venture in with Casa Cuervo in 2003, selling a 50 per cent stake in Don Julio for 78 million. [6] It wasdistributed in the United States by Diageo, under licensing from its patent holder, Tequila Don Julio, Sociedad Anónima de Capital Variable, Jalisco, Mexico, [7] but sold worldwide. [8] Melita Kiely, editor of The Spirits Business magazine and chair of The Global Spirits Masters, said: “Don Julio lived up to its reputation for high-quality Tequila in this year’s blind tasting. The blanco expression delivered everything you’d expect, and more: zesty, citrus aromas, with a peppery palate that was rounded off beautifully with a little sweetness. The cask influence on the reposado Tequila added a touch of toffee and vanilla, while still retaining that classic Tequila profile. And the añejo Tequila was incredibly inviting with complex aromas of gentle oak, agave, and a mellowed, sophisticated flavor profile.” Don Julio Tequila was founded by Don Julio González, whose life was defined by the passion which inspired him to make the world's first luxury tequila. Growing up in the tequila producing region of Mexico, he began distilling tequila at age 17. As he worked on his craft, he saw the opportunity to make something really special - a tequila which was the most luxurious and perfect product he could create. To achieve this luxury tequila, Don Julio chose quality at every stage of the process, and worked on only small batches so he could ensure each one was perfect. Emmons, Bob (1997). The Book of Tequila: A Complete Guide. Chicago: Open Court. p.x. ISBN 978-0812693515.Don Julio is known as a favourite among serious tequila drinkers, and its reputation for rich, sweet flavours and smooth, refined mouthfeel is well deserved! For tequila connoisseurs, this high-end spirit is something to be savoured and enjoyed... and maybe even shared with friends if you're feeling generous! Don Julio Tequila is named after its founder, master distiller Don Julio González Don Julio still follow these principles of their founder in the production of their tequila today, and they have grown into one of the world's most popular tequila brands. Their tequilas have won major awards, including a pair of prestigious double gold medals at both the 2008 and the 2011 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Don Julio Reposado Tequila, silver medal winner, is a tribute to tradition, aged for at least 6 months in American white oak barrels that provide its unique and characteristic aromas of vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon, and banana with subtle notes of wood, natural honey and coffee and a mellow balanced flavour. Reposado has a nice smooth and sweet aftertaste. Don Julio is a brand of tequila produced in Mexico. It is the largest brand in value and eighth largest in volume. Its owned by the British-based multinational alcoholic beverage maker Diageo. [1] It is distilled, manufactured and bottled by Tequila Don Julio, S.A. de C.V. from its corporate facility in the Colonia El Chichimeco district, in the city of Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco, Mexico. [2] History [ edit ] Tequila Don Julio reaffirms the super-premium quality of its tequilas by winning three medals during the latest edition of The Global Spirits Masters, an international contest that qualifies and rewards excellence in the production of spirits, providing brands with key differentiation in a competitive market.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment