276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pandora: The instant no.1 Sunday Times bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jest to niewątpliwe bardzo dobrze przemyślana opowieść, z wielkim pomysłem, jednak osobiście brakowało mi w niej czegoś, co pozwoliło by mi w pełni się w niej zatracić. Ho particolarmente apprezzato le atmosfere della storia, i personaggi e tutti i riferimenti al mito di Pandora. Ebooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook). The ending was rather complex, but a book that tackles so many intricate details and myths is bound to be, and it was achieved very well.

Pandora by Susan Stokes-Chapman Review | MMB Book Blog Pandora by Susan Stokes-Chapman Review | MMB Book Blog

The Coombes brothers situation made me shudder and I could literally smell some of the things going on, kudos to the description. There’s a sense that Pandora holds the moral high ground in this novel, not because she does good things but because she is suffering under her uncle’s tyranny. This was a quick read and enjoyable as a whole, but the ending felt very rushed and a little unpolished.Napisana barwnym językiem, już od pierwszych stron ukazuje wyjątkową historię, która jednak mnie osobiście nie przypadła do gustu, aż tak jak się spodziewałam. And one duche Luckily, she has her friend Edward to keep an eye on her, although he seems to have an ulterior motive.

Pandora: The instant no.1 Sunday Times bestseller

One day, her crooked uncle illegally salvages from a shipwreck a Greek vase so old it cannot be dated, carved with images from the Pandora myth, and wreathed in horrifying bad luck. I love a Greek myth, so a historical late-18th century mystery centred around Pandora's Box was always going to be intriguing, and after reading the sampler, I coudn't wait to read this book.Listening to Pandora gave me strong Dickensian vibes, but with less meandering in the storytelling itself. Dora is desperate to escape from her uncles’ care, and is hoping to turn her love of drawing and jewelry making into a career, giving her the independence she craves. She had assistance from Edward with regards to the jar and there were some interesting side characters in Cornelius and Lottie.

Pandora | Susan Stokes-Chapman | 9781787302884 | NetGalley Pandora | Susan Stokes-Chapman | 9781787302884 | NetGalley

The result was a stunning story, with clever characters, ones to really invest in and some to revile. With a convoluted plot full of buried family histories and fantastical archaeological theories, Pandora is a readable, solid debut. I received an audio copy of this novel from the publisher, Harper Audio, via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Wszystko zapowiadało lekturę bardzo w moim guście - koniec XVIII wieku, zainteresowanie starożytną Grecją, retelling mitu i opowieść o kobiecie, która stara się uniezależnić. An arresting novel in verse which brings the Greek monster Geryon (who features in the 10th Labour of Heracles) into a modern-day setting.In recent years mythical retellings have been booming, especially those that bring the role of women to the fore – Circe by Madeline Miller was released in 2018 while 2021 saw debuts such as Claire Heywood’s Daughters of Sparta and Rosie Hewlett’s Medusa hit the shelves, and Jennifer Saint’s much-anticipated Elektra is due out later this year. Immediately sympathised with the character of Dora and her struggles trying to find independence and freedom in a patriarchal society. However, the myth of Pandora's box (which should hereby be renamed Pandora's Jar) is central to the plot. This does mean that some sections involve telling rather than showing, but that felt appropriate as an extra timeline would have made things over-complicated - indeed the pacing felt just right all the way through.

Pandora - Penguin Books UK

Niestety zakończenie nie dało mi 100% satysfakcji, bo było lekko przyspieszone a główni bohaterowie osiągnęli to, co chcieli bez zbyt dużego wysiłku. Her debut novel, PANDORA, was shortlisted for the Lucy Cavendish Fiction prize 2020 as well as longlisted for the Bath Novel Award that same year. Much like The Essex Serpent, it straddles that divide in such a way that you’re never entirely certain. It sets the pace for this atmospheric novel which is a mystery, a love story and an adventure whose pace becomes page-turning as it races towards the revelation of the pithos’ contents.Rich descriptive prose, a plot that crackles with danger and mystery that may or may not have its roots in the supernatural, and a colourful cast of characters all make this a joy to read.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment