276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Another Me: Newly rejacketed

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For her attempts, Jillian is met with resistance and suspicion from those she works with. She even is doubtful of herself, recognizing the falsehood in her actions. That is because the American workplace would have its employees cannibalize each other and even themselves rather than direct their contempt to those at the top who actually control and inhibit their solvency. These recommendations were developed based on evidence reviewed before the COVID-19 pandemic. We have not reviewed evidence on the effects of COVID-19, so it should not be assumed that these recommendations apply to people diagnosed with post-COVID-19 syndrome. NICE has produced a guideline on managing the long-term effects of COVID-19. Recommendations

If you stay in the Trust that you trained in that can be positive because it's quite daunting when you first qualify and get that first job. For me, staying in the same Trust has really helped. They’ve been very supportive.

Follow us on:

When I first heard about The New Me – the plot (the life and times of a misanthropic young woman who ‘oscillates wildly between self-recrimination and mild delusion’), the blurb from Catherine Lacey proclaiming it ‘a dark comedy of female rage’ – I instantly thought ‘this sounds like an Ottessa Moshfegh novel’. And I wasn’t wrong: after all, the protagonist says things like I get into bed... longing for someone to talk to, or longing for no one to ever look at me or talk to me ever again. Either one. I don’t care. Like the narrator of My Year of Rest and Relaxation, she’s miserable and inert and hates her best/only friend, and like Eileen’s titular antiheroine, she has poor personal hygiene and an overactive imagination. Away from the Moshfegh-verse, her series of thankless temp jobs also put me in mind of an American Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.

Bottom line: if you’re bored to death of books about young women with messy lives trying to figure themselves out, The New Me will probably not be your jam. If you do like this sort of thing, it’s essential: terrifyingly precise, darkly humorous and masterfully written. The interaction with the patients is the part of the job that I enjoy. I just love listening to their stories and being able to provide them with care that allows them to walk off the ward once they're discharged. It's such an amazing feeling to know that you've participating in helping that child and that family to get through their journey which is often quite tough, especially when they are with us for a long period of time. There are probably more opportunities in London but then again you need to consider about the cost. It has good and bad sides. There's so many hospitals recruiting. There's so many specialities in the hospitals in London so if you want to work in a specific area you get the opportunity to. It's a big transition from being a student to working but the guys I work with are all very supportive and helpful. If I ever I have a question they'll always be willing to answer it for me. At Homerton we have a nine-month preceptorship. One of the nurses I work with a lot is my preceptor and she's good if I have any problems I go to her. But the rest of the staff, the doctors as well, are really helpful. They know that you're newly qualified, so no question is a dumb question.

Butler bases the daily struggles and workplace indignities of the protagonist, 30-year-old Millie, on her own experiences working as a temp. Millie’s rep tells her things, like “I’m so excited for you, this one has possibility for temp to perm,” and when we first meet her. Millie expresses her desire for a permanent position, but wonders “how I would have to behave, how many changes I would have to make to tip myself over the edge into this endless abyss of perm.” Because of the diversity of cultures and the variety in demographics and epidemiology, I think it makes it a very interesting place to work. I personally live out in the countryside and I travel in everyday. For someone that doesn't live in London I prefer working in the city because I feel you have a lot more scope in your practice. For me that's important. There's also more opportunity. And you can get the training to support the practice. So there's a lot of education opportunities being more in London. I don't love the commute - I don't think anyone does. But I don't mind commuting because my job enables me to use a big skillset. And then in my spare time when I'm not at work I try and do things like exercising or things not related to work to make sure I'm not constantly reflecting on work.

I did my last 12-week placement there and it was one of the areas I liked. It's always changing and nothing's ever the same. It's not a routine. You get to see so many different things. It's a broad spectrum of conditions that you deal with which is good for me because I get to see a lot to broaden my knowledge and understanding. I rely on support from my co-workers. We have quite a close knit group that I work with and we are all really there for each other. We've got a group [WhatsApp] chat and if at the end of the day we've had a really bad day we're all there to listen. Sometimes we go out for dinner after a shift to wind down and chat about what we've experienced that day. Everyone's always there for each other.

Our Best History Books of 2023

The corrosion of character and identity under capitalist work culture is well represented here. You will not feel sorry for the women, you will not empathize. You might even be disgusted by them. But that seems to have been the author’s intention all along.

This book is very witty in its writing style. It wasn't a comedy, or belly laughing material, but it was casually written and made me smirk. There's something refreshing and anxiety inducing about reading messy, disillusioned, isolated women.

Find your dream home

I can see why this book is often compared to My Year of Rest and Relaxation, as they share a similar vibe and unlikeable privileged protagonist. Though this book didn’t deliver everything I wanted from it, I still preferred it by a long shot. This novel won’t be for everyone, but I found it compelling and worth a read, despite my qualms. Plus, the NewlyWeds tell us what annoyed them about each other this week, hosting the red carpet and more. adding parks, play areas, and other features for the benefit of the residents. 4. Location, Location, Location I'm still trying to make the dream possible: still might finish my cleaning project, still might sign up for that yoga class, still might, still might. I step into the shower and almost faint, an image of taking the day by the throat and bashing its head against the wall floating in my mind. My preceptor was very good. She made time to answer questions. If we were on shift together she would always ask how I found it. What I found good, what I found bad, and she’d ask if I needed help. Even though she's a sister on the ward, it never felt like going to her would stop her from doing her job. She was just very helpful. And I think working with her assisted in things like the time management, she would give me hints and tips and helped me progress.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment