276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Never Go Back: (Jack Reacher 18)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In this 18th Reacher suspense/adventure story, said retired military policeman finally reaches his former unit headquarters on the outskirts of Washington, D. He is discharged from military services, owns nothing but the clothes on his back which instead of throwing in the laundry, are thrown into the rubbish bin when dirty.

Liking the sound of her he decides to head to Virginia from South Dakota and turn up unannounced and ask her out to dinner. Child whets us with small glimpses of their faceless enemy, high in Homeland Security, tracking their moves under code names of Romeo and Juliet. Reacher half turned and half stepped back, toward his door, a fluid quarter circle, shoulders and all, and like he knew they would the two guys moved toward him, faster than he was moving, off-script and involuntary, ready to grab him. Someone who gives you a narrative that flows along and compels you to keep reading his or her words! The next morning, Reacher meets with his lawyers, Major Helen Sullivan and Captain Tracy Edmonds, and learns the details of both cases.C. to rendezvous with the intriguing female voice on the phone (belonging to the 110th's new commanding officer) that certainly piqued his interest in a few of the preceding novels. Despite the chill they were dressed in T-shirts, tight and white, above the kind of athletic pants sprinters peel off seconds before a race. But, I don't know how he does it, Child somehow manages to turn this psychopathic monster into someone we all love and root for.

This Story is poorly written, makes no sense and is very boring compared to some of the earlier titles in the Series. At this point, neither Reacher nor the reader has the slightest idea what in the hell might be going on, but obviously something very unseemly is in the works.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. In this one our ex-military policeman hero Reacher breaks the mold by teaming with a twin, the new female chief of his former MP unit.

There are some nuances about Reacher, that are part of the package of who he is, that are missing, or misleading in this latest book. Without passing of any of the story / spoilers - there is a part of the story (deep emotional angle mentioned above) and some other scenes which could disappoint a typical Reacher fan not used to it (did to me) - but this is not a major irritant to enjoying this book. When I eat a certain delicacy over and over, one after the other, there comes a time when I want something different. When Reacher points out that the military has no authority to investigate him due to his civilian status, Morgan reinstates him as an officer and gives him a room at a local motel, where the fight occurs later that night.Rather peculiarly (but America may be different from the UK), no one seems actually to charge Reacher with the crime, though he is provided with a military lawyer to defend him. Here’s hoping that in his next book Reacher runs into Susan Silverman, kills her and Spenser and Hawk vow revenge. Reading these books one after the other has only made me love this series even more and I am dreading reaching the end and having to wait months for the next one. Earlier that same day, Reacher arrives at the headquarters of his old unit, the 110th Military Police, to meet with its commander, Major Susan Turner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment