276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The No-Show

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I finished this last night and have mixed feelings about this book. For the record I DNF The Flatshare and thoroughly enjoyed The Switch. I haven’t read her other book. I felt that this book really suffered from poor editing. The characters all felt really flat. Siobhan in particular was just glossed over. Her past relationship was only mentioned twice despite it being a major plot device. The other two female characters were interesting but again, never really fleshed out. Joseph was just a conduit to explore these women’s flaws and growth. It didn’t quite work. Joseph himself was frankly kind of boring. Like the women, I never felt that I knew him or his motivations. Prediction: Patients from the urgent list are likely to come to appointments as they have been referred recently. This will also improve the overall waiting time which will impact on the no-show rate. a.m. Siobhan’s been looking forward to her breakfast date with Joseph. She was surprised when he suggested it – she normally sees him late at night in her hotel room. Breakfast with Joseph on Valentine’s Day surely means something… so where is he? No show, in outpatient clinics, is defined as patients who fail to attend their scheduled clinic appointments. It is one of the targets for improving quality of care. It leads to longer waiting times for patients to be seen in outpatient clinics, and the result is patients missing their important appointments. It also results in a waste of the clinic resources, and physician and other healthcare practitioners' time. The Flatshare also had less darkness, I think? There were serious elements and the business at the end with the ex-boyfriend but none of it felt heavy like some of the issues in the books that followed.

Act: We implemented the new call structure for all clinics within the facility and defined cancellation slots as our target for the next PDSA. It is possible to reduce the no-show rate by implementing changes to the appointment system and patient communication strategies. Plan: Offer patients an immediate re-book by asking them whether the appointment time is suitable or not. So, when I first read the blurb, sometime before starting the book, I made a few assumptions. Rereading the blurb, it’s clear that to some degree I didn’t read closely enough, because one of the assumptions was that this was going to be “three women get together and get revenge on the cad who broke all of their hearts”, which is actually not indicated. As the blurb states, each relationship continues for some time after the standing-up in the beginning of the book, and in fact for the majority of the book none of the three even knows about the other two. Because of the unusual plot structure, I find myself having trouble working out how exactly I felt about The No-Show.Study: The results confirmed this as a crucial intervention as the no show rate dropped to 33% in two weeks. I loved every female character in this book, but I must admit my heart really did fall for Jane! Darcey The success of the first intervention identified another area for improvement as the number of cancellations created space for urgent patients. This in turn further improved attendance and reduced the overall waiting time for clinic appointments.

I can’t even imagine how long it took Beth to write this book, the skill behind unravelling so many stories at one time and getting that onto paper is remarkable to me, she is so unbelievably talented and her work is such a pleasure to read. This book is 100% worth reading this Summer, if you like romance, drama and a large plot twist that makes you audibly gasp, you’ll love this! This quality improvement project aimed to reduce the 'no show' rate in a paediatric neurology clinic in Qatar. Content warnings: self-harm, alcoholism, obsession, stalking, sexual harassment, miscarriage, dementia.Janine: I think the only reason the manipulation didn’t bother me as much is because I was expecting *something.* It was clear that things were not as they seemed. This study was undertaken as part of the CCITP (clinical care improvement training programme). A project team was assembled with coaching support. The department chairman and the appointment system personnel were involved. Baseline and ongoing measures were collected and charted. At first, I didn’t want to like Joseph because he felt like a combination of the leads from Sister Wives and Dexter, a charmingly manipulative man with his own moral code. As readers, we slowly unpeel the ways his life intersects with the three very different women. And the more I learned about Joseph, the more he wormed his way into my heart just like the heroines. Joseph works in IT in London, but spends most of his time in his hometown of Winchester. He’s a lovable nerd, who just happens to be drop-dead gorgeous, and takes care of his mom with dementia even though she can’t help calling his girlfriend by the wrong name.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment