276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom For Women 8 oz Fine Fragrance Mist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was young when this was released to major popularity. Somewhere in the '00s, someone decided that these heady, musky yet sweet florals would be the base of future BBW scents following it, as well as the hallmark scent of at least the first half of the decade. Before they all started transitioning to the strangely full-onslaught sugar scents we have post-2004 to 2005. I bought the fragrance mist and the body butter because both are actually on sales (you know the Bath & Body Works always have crazy sales happened). It has really good projection on me without being to strong of a scent to choke people out if that makes sense and lasts all day on my skin and for ages on my clothing. There are many superb Orientals like Shalimar, Emeraude, Samsara and Mitsuoko that are timeless and beloved perfumes. While Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works are nowhere near the level of sophistication of Shalimar, this is no less an Oriental. The fragrance might not last very long, and the projection and sillage is poor, but it's like a little breeze when you spray it, a light gust of wind from the Orient, blowing cooly on cherry blossom. In Japan, the cherry blossom is the equivalent to the rose in England; it's their signature flower. These fragrant flowers grow on trees caressed by winds and are found even in the gardens of the Imperial Palace. Everywhere in Japan you see the pink and white cherry blossoms remindng you where you are: in the Far East. This fragrance is subtle but it takes you to Japan for at least a couple of minutes. I found it sweet and comfortng, like drinking green tea under a cherry blossom and under a delicious breeze.

I've become quite fond of Japanese Cherry Blossom over the last month or so. I bought the fragrance mist in travel size- for three dollars! Who could resist that!- and unlike the other B&BW fragrance mists, it doesn't have that rubbing alcohol SQUEAK! that most other B&BW fragrance mists have. It’s been really interesting revisiting the fragrances that resonated with me when I was younger now that I’ve had a few years away, and have moved into different scents. I remember never really being able to say what this smelled like, which I’m sure is part of why I liked it. It was maybe the first fascinating (to me, at least) scent I owned. It was stronger and felt darker, sultrier than the other things I’d worn up to that point; Strawberries and Champagne by Victoria’s Secret, Dolly Girl by Anna Sui, Hula by Roxy, Chanel Chance. I started wearing it in college, and it seemed appropriate. It was a break from my girlhood; it felt sophisticated, maybe how I imagined the woman I wanted to become would smell. i wish the edt had this intensity and longivity as the roomspray. bought the luxe travel edt spray to reaply when i m out of home, small enough to get in every purse :) indeed a wonderful scent for springtime and summer!Once the spice recedes, the fruits and florals come through nice and strong. Then on the dry down, you're left with an absolutely gorgeous pear, cherry blossom, slightly powdery, vanilla-amber scent. Maybe a little sandalwood in there too. This final stage is what most people would imagine when they think of JCB. But this is the real deal, not the ghost that people have become accustomed to. It's so comforting and beautiful. The sillage and longevity are pretty darn good as well, I have to say.

Apply the body butter first than spritz the body mist on top is totally perfect match. The only downturn is the body mist liquid is red color and the body butter color content is pastel pink which can leave stain on white clothes. Another best thing happened when i layer the body mist along with the body butter. The body butter has strong japanese cherry blossom scent too which helps extending the longevity of the body mist.I'd been known to enjoy BBW's Japanese Cherry Blossom scent, but a friend bought me a set of Cherry Blossom bath products for Christmas (by happy mistake?!), and it wasn't until I breathed in the delicate, powdery-light gentle sweetness of the body wash and shampoo/conditioner in the shower that I grabbed the bottles for a second look! OH, "plain" Cherry Blossom! Lovely! The whole house smelled beautiful after that shower! At first spritz, the spiciness is center stage. Definitely cinnamon, and I'm assuming the cedar and patchouli. Very challenging if you've only recently been introduced to JCB, but it's glorious in comparison to the swill they're charging money for these days.

love love love this one! so tart, creamy soft powdery and flowery with a slight noticable warmth sniffing near the skin. So, I stand behind this as the masterpiece that it is...but I suppose even some of the best art doesn't hit everyone in a positive way...

the special edition flacons are truly adorable with its japanese red metalic cap and blossoms over the puristic elegant flacons. Japanese Cherry Blossom – America’s most iconic feminine fragrance loved for its timeless, authentic beauty. This fresh, versatile, floral scent is a graceful blend of cherry blossom, Asian pear, fresh mimosa petals, white jasmine and blushing sandalwood. It’s perfect for brunch dates, days in the office, nights out and even lounging around the house. What makes Japanese Cherry Blossom so amazing? You’re about to find out…

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment