276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vortex Race 3 Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Brown Switches (UK Layout)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The possibility of using the keyboard in a local layout is a real plus, which is rare among very specialized manufacturers. After that, it plays a big part in the vintage side, and you can’t have it all. All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary due to product enhancement. It’s only noticeable if your view directly lines up with the side of the case. Creak and flex are nonexistent, though the case will bounce slightly when heavy pressure is applied and released. I’m told that the behavior is common and desirable in aluminum. However, Vortex is working on a web-based configurator called MPC for their keyboards. See the pictures above for example layouts of their other two keyboard lines (Poker and CORE) for a first impression on how it would look, and it would be similar for the Race 3 as well. While there is no release date provided, this will help provide full programmability to their keyboards.

Even if the activation force requires a pressure of 45 cN, it will take a little more to activate the button because of the resistance located at this level. The build quality is exceptional for the price point, and for me personally this size is exactly what I am looking for. Both for gaming and writing I need arrow keys and having them not hidden within layers it wonderful especially since they don't add to the foot print of of the keyboard. Vortex has gone the extra mile to offer its keyboard in ISO FR format. This will come in handy for users looking to get a quality mechanical keyboard that does not come with the SO US format. mricolcol please post a screenshot where you found and connected it, as otherwise, nobody else could learn from what you found.Not sure why Home and End are separated by two keys on the right side of the board, this is more of a personal OCD gripe though Repeat these steps for other keys as necessary, and press Fn + right Control again once done to exit programming. The right space bar LED will now turn off.

Say you want to program layer L1. The left LED under the space bar will have the red light under it as seen above, and the following are the steps for programming: The choice of the SP DSA profile may, in the first few times of use, seem uncomfortable to those who have already acquired their habits on sculpted silhouettes (OEM, Cherry, etc.). Note that the arrangement of some keys remains “proprietary.” This is particularly the case with the Esc and Del keys. Both keys come with a dimension of 1.5U instead of 1, which will complicate the task a bit if you ever want to opt for a personal keyset.

The use of various materials allows a suitable containment of noise pollution, even on a noisy switch of nature like the MX Blue is. Vortex offers a very extensive variety of switches to sit on your little or big fingers. The Race 3’s outer case is aluminum. It appears to have been cast, finished with machine processes, and then anodized. Its overall finish is excellent, but a thin grayish line runs around the perimeter of the mechanical keyboard. Love the keyboard. Perfect for work, now I just need a matching numpad and its the perfect setup for what I need it to do. To aid its portable nature, it also includes a detachable USB-C cable, which makes it extremely easy to take with you on the go.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment