276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hedgerow Spirits Dry Gin, 42% ABV, 70 cl Bottle

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We often talk about terroir when it comes to wines – that undefinable sense of place that you can taste with a sip, but can the concept apply to a home-grown spirit such as gin? 'Grapes have been cultivated and domesticated over thousands of years to the point where varieties are so consistent that factors in the terroir are important' explains Mike. 'In contrast to wine, gin and sloe gin are relatively modern products and have not had the same cultural processing! The grains used to make the spirit and the botanicals are so commoditised that for a small business like us it's hard to take control. So, we can only really talk about the terroir of our hedgerow botanicals used in our gin and the fruit we use to make our liqueurs.' I very much advise you wash your sloes before freezing otherwise you might end up with a few (used to be) living hedgerow beings in your finished gin. I’m not sure anybody would appreciate you pouring them a spider. The botanicals used in creating Hedgerow Gin come from the hedgerows in our rural area of North Yorkshire, however they are all wild. Rosehips and crab apples are added for a mellow, fruity dryness, with elderflower and nettle leaf providing sweet floral notes. We also hand cut hay from our own species-rich 'micro-meadow' at Green Farm as well as from a local nature reserve - this had just the right composition of species to get the flavours we wanted.' Seal your jar and give it a good shake… do this daily for a few weeks, so make sure to put it somewhere you’ll remember to do this.

We are proud to be a member of the Gin Guild, an organisation that represents the highest standards of gin distillation and promotes the appreciation and knowledge of gin. Our membership in the Gin Guild is a testament to our dedication to producing the best gin possible. Raisthorpe Manor were famous for their liqueurs way before they started to produce and sell their Raisthorpe Distilled Dry Gin. They made homemade Raspberry Gin Liqueur from their country kitchen and served it to guests at Raisthorpe Flyers.

OUR STORY

Yorkshire Dales Gin Distillery is a family-run distillery near Richmond, producing some great handcrafted gins. All their spirits are distilled using ancient mineral water from Swaledale and local botanicals. The first frosts hadn’t yet arrived, so I decided to wash, and then freeze all the fruit for a later date. I had Sloe Gin on my mind, and today was the day to start preparing what I can for Christmas. In 2015, equipped with a tiny still and boundless curiosity, I set about gathering ingredients and developing the process and recipe for my first gin – Slake’s Sussex Dry Gin was born.

Addingham Fruit Liqueurs is a small family run business, set up by Fiona Mann in Addingham, near Ilkley. Fiona was introduced to Sloe Gin by her late father-in-law and soon realised that you can “add any fruit to any spirit base”. After much encouragement and support from family and friends, she began experimenting with locally foraged fruits.For our classic Hedgerow Gin we use juniper berries, coriander seeds, angelica root & orris root, but then we also add locally foraged nettle leaves, rosehips, crab apples, elderflower, sloe stones and wildflower hay. It’s no secret that Autumn is my favourite time of year. The delightful cosiness that seems to envelop every waking moment - frosty mornings, leaves tumbling from trees, the return of your best woollen jumpers, and the glorious smell of woodsmoke clinging to the evening air. Welcome to Sloemotion Distillery, based in beautiful North Yorkshire in the UK. For 20 years we have been using locally foraged ingredients and a wealth of knowledge to create unique and flavourful gins, vodkas and liqueurs that are loved by drinks enthusiasts across the country. The Spirit of Masham distillery is owned by Cork and Cases and located on a small business park just outside Masham. It is open to the public so visitors can learn about the gin-making process and see the copper alembic still, which is used to create their “Spirit of Masham Gin”. You can drink your Hedgerow Gin (young), this Christmas, but it’ll be even better if matured and left until next year. Whichever option you choose is up to you!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment