276°
Posted 20 hours ago

5 x TorJet Windproof Turbo Lighters Powerful Refillable Red Purple Black Yellow Blue Electric

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Leave it to the cold, windy and rainy nights of the United Kingdom to be the inspiration for a lighter, but that’s exactly the case with the TORJET from Tor Imports. While this is a common complaint about using torch lighters in the daylight, I found it particularly applicable with the TORJET: the red flame is absolutely invisible when the sun is shining. As such, you do need to watch your fingers and make sure you know that it is indeed burning. Fortunately, those little pieces of metal glow a bright orange when the lighter is producing a flame, so that is a major help in preventing toasting more than just the cigar. I have a box in the boot of my car with a few emergency supplies, ropes, safety hi-vis vest, blanket, phone battery, tape, knife, water, jumper leads, towels, carpet squares in case i get bogged into mud BUT next up on my list is a lighter. Of late, cigar manufacturers have been producing certain cigars with larger and larger ring sizes—even exceeding a 70 ring cigar. A multiple-nozzle torch lighter will allow you to light those larger cigars with a more even, consistent flame. Some smokers would prefer a single jet lighter in these situations so they can control the burn over a large area, but triple and quadruple jet torches can be helpful if you’re smoking large cigars and want to speed up the process. Soft Flame Lighters Torch lighters have become a mainstay for cigar smokers. And while a match or standard lighter might suffice in a tight spot, veteran cigar enthusiasts prefer a good torch lighter. Nearly windproof, adjustable, and producing heat up to 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit, torch lighters outmatch any other lighting source when it comes to cigar smoking, specifically.

If this is your first time using a torch lighter, we’re betting you’ll be happy with the results: an easier light and more evenly lit cigar, every time. An interesting downside of the single jet torch lighter: all the heat and flame is directed at a single point, which produces a higher heat level at a very specific placement. You want an even distribution of heat and flame. The larger the cigar, the wider the spread. Adding an additional nozzle helps. Visually, torch lighters can vary by color, with some appearing plastic, fun, and with bright neon colors. Others display a more formal, elegant look. These are your more traditional styles—gunmetal or stainless steel. Consider matching the style of your torch lighter with the style of your humidor or cigar cutter . Style This is a flaw I'm sure they know about, but will not fix, because sales are just too good with a slightly flawed product that no one can figure out so they just buy another one.a pair of pliers, needle nose are great her but I can do it with my fake leatherman start to finish (make damn sure the pliers aren't magnetized it's annoying) Some torch lighters will include a fuel window so users can better monitor the amount of butane they have remaining in the fuel tank. Once you get used to using a torch lighter instead of a match or soft flame lighter, you don’t want to get put in a situation when you run out of fuel and have to use alternate sources. Spark now try moving everything apart, careful not to lose anything (yes my pins are made from steel wire but shh the screw came off a tiny circuit board, i didn't lose it, the screw was too long to start with.) These powerful lighting sources use pressurized butane and piezo ignition to create an air-propelled, ultra-hot flame perfect for lighting cigars. This speed leads to a strong flow and can keep the flame straight no matter the position of the lighter.

Ultimately, your preference should be the North star when it comes to choosing the torch lighter for you. But consider the variety of choices at hand. Aesthetic If there's no gas coming out at the nozzle but it's going somewhere then the connection has been broken probably nothing more than the flexible gas line has slipped off the seat of the reservoir end (there's more room here so it fall off that end but it's easy to fix anyway)

Different from your standard Bic lighter that offer an inconsistent, dancing flame, torch lighters are designed to offer more control both over the consistency of the flame, as well as the amount of heat and flame you produce.

Torch lighters require a refined butane to achieve a consistent, high-temperature flame. The cleaner the fuel, the more efficient your torch lighter. Experts recommend you use butane that, at minimum, has been refined twice. The fewer the impurities in your butane, the better, and you can easily find butane refined five times , a process which allows almost no impurities into your fuel source. While more expensive, this might be your best bet long term. Torch Lighter Maintenance To understand why torch lighters are a good choice, you need to understand how a cigar tends to burn. A common mistake made by many novice cigar smokers is to use the heat and roar of a torch lighter to scorch the foot of the cigar, incinerating good quality tobacco and ruining at least the first few puffs from your cigar. If you’ve ever seen someone try to light their cigar with the full strength of their standard lighter or their torch lighter, not only do they look ridiculous, but they might actually be damaging their cigar. When lighting a cigar, you should look for heat, not flame.You now know the advantages of turbo lighters, windproof, and powered by hot and straight torch flames. Most torch lighters can be refilled. A refillable torch lighter can be refilled with universal butane gas when the gas runs out. As we mentioned in our tutorial on how to refill a kitchen lighter, it's just three easy steps: Turn down the fuel. Before refilling or performing any maintenance, turn the flame adjustment wheel all the way down to prevent any wild lighting should something go wrong. Keep tabs on your fuel tank to ensure you never run out of fuel for your torch lighter. As you use your personal lighter more frequently, you’ll get a better feel for how long you have before you need to refuel, but that can also vary widely based on how high of a flame you’re using, what outside conditions are causing you to use a higher flame, like weather, and how many jets your particular lighter has. More jets equals a faster use of fuel. For this reason, consider purchasing a torch lighter that includes a fuel window. Fuel Window

I might eventually go for something a bit more expensive but these are working really well for me right now and heating my omni in no time at all. While disposable lighters and Zippos still use butane, you’ll notice a distinct difference in the color of the flame between those and a torch lighter. Unrefined butane will produce the yellow color in the flame. Refined butane produces an invisible or bluish hue to the flame.I've had the same torch lighter for almost 4 years. It's BAD ASS! I've already replaced the sparker and the hoses once, and I lost all the case screws, so I had to electric tape it together when I had problems with using hoses that were too small (they kept popping off the couplings from the pressure). Anyhow, NOW it leaks from the fill valve somewhere. I don't know if it's the little rubber washer that prevents gas from escaping or not (though I suspect it is), but I took it all apart. I can't do anything to the bottom, as I don't have the tool it would take to remove it from the tank. I DID take apart the TOP though, and after unscrewing and removing the spring-loaded nozzle, the inner piece it screwed on to had the spring and this tiny-ass little pointy guy, that fits both nicely in the spring AND nicely in the nozzle. But it can't go in both. I turned the gosh darn WHOLE THING upside down when I was getting it outta there and didn't realize the spring and pointy guy were in there. I even dropped the spring and spent a considerable amount of time looking for it. My wife was the one to find it, actually NOT on the floor, but on the bed, where I was sitting and working on this thing. While torch lighters maintain the popular vote among cigar smokers as the best method to light cigars, there are those who still prefer soft flame lighters that don’t carry the same blowtorch effect as a torch lighter. Zippos, Bics , and other similar gas station lighters are included in this category. Soft flame lighters don’t fare well in windy weather, but some still prefer the sensation of being able to light their cigar by puffing on this flame. try turning down the gas a bit (sometimes the gas can't ignite because it going too fast for the tiny arc to heat... This always happens if you set the lighter when it's hot because it starts easier but wont once it's cooled down again. First look on the bottom, there should be a small (mostly likely philips head) screw not far from the filler valve, unscrew it, usually that is the only thing holding a lighter together, now pull the casing down off the rest (hold on to the cap and carefully pull the casing off) now you should see the guts of your lighter, there's probably 2 pins holding the assembly together. Enter the safety pin, Use the pin or wire to push the pin out of its hole. Keep in mind unique offerings included with some torch lighters, like certain torch lighters that will feature a built-in cutter or punch, so you have the two-in-one option. While handy, these can feel a bit kitschy, so if you still want to go the traditional route with a separate cutter and lighter, consider a bundle like this from Xikar so the two match in style. Size

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment