276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Paris Notebook: An utterly gripping and emotional WW2 historical fiction novel, based on a true story

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The notes in his possession declare Hitler unfit for office – a secret that could destroy the Fuhrer’s reputation, and change the course of the war if exposed. Dr Viktor hires Katja Heinz as his personal assistant to type Adolph Hitlers patient notes so that he may give the transcript to a publisher who will tell the world about Adolph Hitler before his power is absolute. In this book, I felt like the beginning really layer the foundation for the characters and gave the readers time to form connections and then as the story went on, things ramped up in the suspense department and it really created this balanced sense of urgency and compassion for the characters that felt unique to me.

Katja Heinz is not safe whilst in Paris and is being watched by Nazi spies who are out to stop and murder anyone who attempt to go against Hitler and his Nazi regime. Hailing from Louth in Lincolnshire, Tessa Harris is a British author of great repute, as she’s written a number of novels over the years, along with writing for many reputable publications as well. Whilst it was set in a different time period though, she was always able to draw the narratives back to contemporary themes, allowing the readers to remain invested in the many suspense filled arcs contained within. And the final bit of the story just seemed too improbable - which spoiled it a bit for me unfortunately. The medical notes revealed an unstableness of personality, psychosis and mental illness , and when Hitler and his party started the rise to prominence, these notes and diagnosis would be embarrassing and dangerous to all those who were acquainted with them.I have read some of her books over the years and I have yet to read a book by her that I haven’t enjoyed! Medical records and psychological evaluations reflected the mental deficiencies of Hitler and could be used for his demise if the right hands get the information. Tessa Harris's prose effectively conveys the oppressive atmosphere of Nazi-controlled Hamburg and the impending threat of the invasion of France.

First written and published on the first of January, 2014, through the Kensington publishing house, this continues the action with his next case. Running alongside this main plot is a romance, although I would say this is very much a minor subplot - I personally didn't feel the chemistry between Katja and Daniel, but it was a nice addition to the story nonetheless. The premise was good and I started out feeling excited for the story and how the facts would mingle with fiction. If this is a genre that appeals to you then rest assured that there is something extra special in this wartime tale - history, romance and a thrilling mystery. The Paris Notebook is an intriguing and very interesting book especially as it was based on true facts ,who wouldn't love to see the notes that Hitler's Pyschiatrist made during his appointments ?These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. German Katja does and the exciting premise of this beautifully written novel is how that secret is the true and very unstable state of the furthers mental (ill) health. The premise of Hilter being treated during WWI is factual, this was not something of which I had been aware. I found myself deeply captivated by Katja's journey, as she grapples with a world turned upside down, individuals who oppose her, and the uplifting support she encounters when faced with seemingly insurmountable challenges.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment