276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Used books have different signs of use and might not include supplemental materials such as CDs, Dvds, Access Codes, charts or any other extra material. Whatever the opposite of the currently still fashionable genre, the misery memoir, might be, this is it: a comfort chronicle. Made these last week, substituted almonds for the pecans and dark choc chips for the white as those were what I had; also chopped my cranberries as they seemed disproportionately large.

Next up, we have the Ginger Pig’s Christmas Cookbook, from which I’ve chosen the Ginger Pig Venison Bourguignon Pie and Boxing Day Bubble and Squeak for you. Teachers receiving a mason jar of “Steeped Christmas Fruits,” or a box of “Christmas Puddini Bonbons” would have cause for celebration (that’s a heads-up if any of my kids’ teachers are reading this). In the middle of the book she has a huge Main Event section that deals only with the Christmas meal.

Following slots as a culinary sidekick on Nigel Slater's 'Real Food Show' on Channel 4, she has fronted three eponymous TV cookery series broadcast in the UK on the channel. Having recently rediscovered this cocktail, one of my favourite drinks back in college, I wanted to recreate it at home as Amaretto is a liqueur I almost always have in the house. I’ve created food to give as gifts which by this point my family is obsessed with, and everything from Christmas morning (cheese and onion strata, anti-oxidant fruit salad, spruced up vanilla or spiced cake) to Christmas Eve geese (their fat is amazing with the roasted potatoes, though if you skip it can’t find goose grease, duck fat works exceptionally too. I like the idea of our family being together and celebrating being grateful and being under the same roof but that can be at any time.

Nigella Lawson has written eleven bestselling cookery books including the classics How to Eat and How To Be A Domestic Goddess – the book that inspired a whole new generation of bakers. As with How to Be A Domestic GoddessNigella has a canny knack of both choosing and presenting recipes that you feel almost compelled to try. As it was for mass consumption at the library, I decided to forgo infecting my friends with consumption.

And my Christmas tradition – which for me marks the start of my own festive season – involves making up a batch of Edible Christmas Decorations with my children. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. And, of course, exciting and inspiring variations for the Main Event itself - from traditional super-juicy turkey, festive ginger-baked ham, special trimmings and the Ultimate Christmas Pud, all the way to the special vegetarian Christmas feast, by way of goose or pork-and-cranberry options and a Prodigious Pavlova. This was indeed quite easy to make in advance of the big day and it kept well wrapped in baking parchment and tin foil in a baking tin, as instructed by Nigella. Lawson wrote a restaurant column for the Spectator and a comment column for The Observer and became deputy literary editor of the Sunday Times in 1986.

My mother always served her Brussels Sprouts with a lot of buttered chestnuts (and cooked and peeled her own). I know that Perfect Roast Potatoes is an immodest title but, I promise you, they are a seasonal spud sensation. Nigella Christmas comprises reliable, practical, easy-to-follow recipes and reassuring advice about planning and cooking ahead, presented in a gorgeous glittering package which will make this the ultimate gift to yourself and for family and friends. It is a very dense and dark cake - almost like the texture and consistency of a chocolate brownie inside.Everybody else should just go to the library, check this out, and spend a pleasant afternoon (preferably one in July) drooling and dreaming (Lawson's accompanying essays are quite charming). Another simple recipe with only three ingredients: "Party Parma Ham Bundles"--prosciutto is wrapped around bite-sized morsels of goat's cheese and figs. This was a simple, easy to prepare dessert to bring to a friends' house over the holidays and it went down a treat. For instance, she makes a pitch for inviting new friends to Christmas dinner because of “the stabilizing effect of the stranger factor: someone with whom your family doesn’t quite feel at home enough to behave badly. The book begins with Christmassy cocktails, canapés and how to cater for lots of people without getting crazy (the later applies throughout the book – Nigella is a practical goddess), and moves through soups, salads, and sauces to suppers, big main dinners, sweet stuff and baking, edible presents, a full scale brunch menu, hot drinks, and two serious cures for overindulgence (as you might expect, they aren’t pristine – “I will never be a nil by mouth kind of person”).

With her no-nonsense approach and inspirational ideas, combined with reassuring advice and easy-to-follow, reliable recipes, Nigella Christmas is guaranteed to bring comfort and joy, and make sure the season of goodwill stays that way. The recipes didn't thrill, but I don't read Nigella for recipes; her gorgeous writing is what grips me. Nigella Christmas" will surely be a perennial favourite, the book we will all reach for - for inspiration and reassurance - as soon as the Christmas lights start going up. Wat een rustpunt in alle hectiek, wat een gezelligheid, wat een lekkere dingen en wat een subtiele humor (Nigella begrijpt mij volkomen met haar chocolaatjes verstopt in een boek voor die momenten dat je het even nodig hebt :-))! About the Author: Nigella Lawson has written eleven bestselling cookery books including the classics How to Eat and How To Be A Domestic Goddess - the book that inspired a whole new generation of bakers.Granted, most of this food is very holiday'ish and if you are anything like me and ate this rich food everyday, the hips would be continuing their outward journey.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment