276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Smiffys Pirate Hook

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Captain Hook is commonly featured in the Disney theme parks around the world, primarily as an atmosphere character, though he has made occasional appearances as a face character in some live shows. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: " Down the Rabbit Hole" • " Trust Me" • " Forget Me Not" • " The Serpent" • " Heart of Stone" • " Who's Alice?" • " Bad Blood" • " Home" • " Nothing to Fear" • " Dirty Little Secrets" • " Heart of the Matter" • " To Catch a Thief" • " And They Lived..." Captain James Hook is the main antagonist of J. M. Barrie's 1904 play Peter Pan; or, the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up and its various adaptations, in which he is Peter Pan's archenemy. The character is a pirate captain of the brig Jolly Roger. His two principal fears are the sight of his own blood (supposedly an unnatural colour) and the crocodile who pursues him after eating the hand cut off by Pan. An iron hook replaced his severed hand, which gave the pirate his name. In the Kingdom Keepers series book Disney at Dawn (2008), Captain Hook was snooping around Ariel's Grotto, having been sent by the Overtakers in investigate the meaning in Jess playing songs over the park speakers.

Hook was also one of the featured villains for Tokyo Disney's annual Halloween events. He also appears in the Mediterranean Harbor seasonal show, Villain's World. Disney Characters introduced in Kingdom Hearts χ: Mad Hatter • March Hare • Razoul • Royal Guards • Maurice • Gaston In the sequel Return to Never Land (2002), Hook mistakes Wendy's daughter Jane for Wendy and uses her as bait to lure Peter Pan to his death. After this fails, he promises to take Jane home if she will help him find the island's treasure, and "not to harm a single hair on Peter Pan's head". This last promise is kept when he pulls a single hair from Peter's head, declaring "the rest of him is mine". At the end of the film, he and the crew are pursued into the distance by a giant octopus. Shorts and Specials: The Walt Disney Christmas Show • Reading Magic with Figment and Peter Pan • You Can Fly!: The Making of Peter Pan Joshua Colley will play a young Hook in the upcoming live-action film Descendants: The Rise of Red, from the Descendants franchise. [20] His teenage son Harry (portrayed by Thomas Doherty) appears in the previous films of the franchise Descendants 2 and Descendants 3, Captain Hook being only mentioned.

It’s important to note that not all pirate flags featured the skull and crossbones symbol. Some pirate captains used their own unique design, incorporating symbols or images that represented their personal beliefs or values. Captain Hook plots to murder Peter Pan once again and gain his treasure all at the same time. His first part of the plan is to kidnap Wendy to lure Peter to his doom and thus he travels via his ship (which still had some of Tink's pixie dust) to London during the Second World War. Likely having lost the concept of the passage of time/aging due to his time in Neverland, he mistakenly takes Wendy's daughter, Jane. Swordsmanship: Captain Hook is a skilled swordsman, rivaled only by Peter Pan. He is light on his feet and stealthy, making him a dangerous adversary. The use of his hook during duels tends to give him an occasional upper hand, as well. Mr. Smee appears in the Disney Parks and Resorts as a meetable character alongside Captain Hook in Adventureland. Attraction: Redd • Auctioneer • Pirate Captain • Captain X • Prison Dog • Tiny • Seedy Prisoners • Hook Hand Pirate • Skeleton Helmsman • Barker Bird • Beacon Joe • The Pooped Pirate • Old Bill • Shy Albert • Carlos • Fortune Red • Captain Gore • Jean Lafitte • Tom Sawyer • Skeleton Pillager • Skeleton Pirate Captain • Pirate Robber • Treasure Octopus • Scalawag • Coote • Billie How • Taliban Pirate

Captain Hook's second Special Ability, costing 4 Magic. Peering through his telescope, Hook inflicts Vulnerable on a target opponent, and copies 2 Helpful effects from them onto himself. There is a 20% chance for Hook's teammates to assist, with a bonus 50% chance for any Oceanic teammates. On Offense in Club Conquest, Peter Pan teammates are guaranteed to assist. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Kida Nedakh • Vincenzo Santorini • Helga Sinclair • Milo Thatch • Audrey Ramirez In the queue for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, located at both Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland, there are several license plates hanging on the wall, all with various Disney references on them. One of the license plates is labeled "CAP 10 HK".Once Upon a Time: Once Upon a Time (Book) • Snow White's Glass Coffin • Red Riding Hood • Maleficent's Staff • Magic Wand • Glass Slipper • Poisoned Apple • Spinning Wheel • Magic Lamp • Dark One's Dagger • Chipped Cup • Jefferson's Hat • Magic Beans • Captain Hook's Hooks • Enchanted Candle • Pixie Dust • Dreamshade • Salad Fork • Pandora's Box • Silver Slippers • Sorcerer Hat • Enchanted Broom • Trident • Enchanted Shell • Heroes and Villains (Book) • Merida's Bow • Magical Rose • Excalibur • Olympian Crystal • Cinderella's Dress • Golden Scarab Beetle • Rapunzel's Frying Pan • Magical Golden Flower • Shrinking Potion • Floating Lanterns • Tarot Cards • Maui's Fish Hook In years since the release of the film, Steven Spielberg admitted in interviews that he was not proud of the film and disappointed with the final result. In 2011, he told Entertainment Weekly: "There are parts of Hook I love. I'm really proud of my work right up through Peter being hauled off in the parachute out the window, heading for Neverland. I'm a little less proud of the Neverland sequences because I'm uncomfortable with that highly stylized world that today, of course, I would probably have done with live-action character work inside a completely digital set. But we didn't have the technology to do it then, and my imagination only went as far as building physical sets and trying to paint trees blue and red." [50] Spielberg gave a more blunt assessment in a 2013 interview on Kermode & Mayo's Film Review Show: "I wanna see Hook again because I so don't like that movie, and I'm hoping someday I'll see it again and perhaps like some of it." [51] In the play, it is implied that Hook attended Eton College and Balliol College, Oxford, [7] [8] and his final words are "Floreat Etona", Eton's motto. In the novel, Hook's last words are a similarly upper-class "bad form", in disapproval of the way Peter Pan beats him by throwing him overboard.

In a 2020 interview with Collider Games, actor Dante Basco revealed that he was working on an animated prequel series about his character Rufio. [53] [54] Mr. Smee is a fictional character who serves as Captain Hook's boatswain in J. M. Barrie's 1904 play Peter Pan, or the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up and 1911 novel Peter and Wendy.

Hook manages to survive, along with Mr. Smee, and witness Peter returning with his flying pirate ship. As Peter smiles down at them, Hook manages to successfully return a smile, implying that he has forgiven him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment