276°
Posted 20 hours ago

CERNIT Polymer Paste, Translucent White, 500 g

£16.69£33.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

|Cernit is a popular clay among doll-makers because of its translucent quality and the porcelain-like finish it hasafter curing.

Cernit Translucent Polymer Clay - Artsavingsclub Cernit Translucent Polymer Clay - Artsavingsclub

Cernit Doll: 7 colours that have a skin-like effect (slightly transparent) and one translucent flesh colour. This clay has an aspect very close to flesh, a porcelain-like finish and is totally suitable for creating dolls. Each piece weighs 500g. Kato Polyclay was the most opaque of all the translucent polymer clays tested. It was not as tan as the Sculpey and Premo. It had more of a yellowish tinge. The color and opacity of Kato didn’t appear to change much during baking. It also tends to brown VERY readily when baked very long. Mix both Translucent White and White Opaline(Porcelain) together in equal parts, then mix into Cernit colors 1 -10 parts or more. In conclusion, if I had to recommend one translucent clay over the others to get started with, it would be Premo white translucent. On balance it gives the best results the most easily. I’ve done marbling which included both Kato and Pardo and then polish with the ultra high micro grits and then buffed. The surface was not completely flat on a micro level because the Pardo wore away more than the Kato. And yes, it’s hard to keep a shine on a surface that’s soft…even normal wear will dull it straight away.Cernit Polymer Clay has the widest range of translucent colors - see the Blue Bottle Tree review at Colored Translucent Polymer Clay

Cernit® Translucent Polymer Clay | Michaels Cernit® Translucent Polymer Clay | Michaels

Amber, Emerald, Ruby … Translucent colours give you the look of precious stones. Slightly softer than other Cernit clays, the Translucent clay is particularly appreciated for its translucency. For example, Ruby Red is perfect for creating raspberries. When baking, the colour becomes partly transparent and this gives a very realistic effect. Leave the clay as it is or lightly sand it to obtain a different smooth effect and even more transparency. Once sanded and polished, the translucent colours look like the precious stones they are named after. Sapphire, Amber …

However, each of the translucent clays reviewed has its own strengths and weaknesses. You should aim to try them all out to see which one you are most comfortable using for different polymer clay projects. It will be well worth the effort. I only started working with Premo white translucent polymer clay recently, but I’ve already learned to love it. It has to be one of my favorite translucent polymer

Cernit - Translucent – The Clay Republic Cernit - Translucent – The Clay Republic

It is indispensable for creating certain faux stones, for example, jasper or tiger eye. If the stone you are imitating does not require a high level of transparency, Kato translucent works well to create a realistic looking faux effect. Cernit Shiny: 14 colours in 56g, highly concentrated in coloured mica that contrast with the colours of the clay. The shiny is different from the glamour due to the thinness of the glitter in it and the effects of the colour. These colours are perfect for jewellery as they have a pretty metallic effect together with coloured hints.As soon as your piece of clay is baked and maybe polished, you can still work on it by adding acrylic paints, oil paints, mica powders or varnish. I also use a food processor to condition difficult clay. Though I’ve not had too much trouble with Kato if it’s fresh. It’s only my old stuff that’s crumbly. The less clear brands of translucent polymer clay work nicely for faux stone effects and to give a less chalky effect to your colors. As we are an independent shop within the Garden Centre, our opening times differ from the garden centre. All discounts against RRP are made against the United Kingdom Recommended Retail Price (RRP). Unless specified, offers and vouchers are not valid on products which are already discounted from RRP, gift vouchers, books and from the I LOVE ART range.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment