276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pest-Stop Prikka Strip

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The placement of the spikes regulates how effective they are. They must be in such a manner that the wall is inaccessible and cannot be climbed. Prikka-Strip is a triple row of pointed cones, moulded from polypropylene with excellent UV weathering resistance. Anti-climb spikes are to keep you safe. Yet, they are an inanimate object that will hurt whoever tries to touch them. As such, you need to make sure that they are not a danger to the public or your neighbours. How effective spikes are, depends on what you are trying to keep out. You are most likely looking for a way to keep out thieves, and as such you want to know how effective the spikes will be. It is crucial to understand that the spikes do not mean the wall is now full proof, and no thief will be able to jump over it.

Adequate warning signs were in place, and whilst these represented a more dangerous product than had been installed this was not a problem (whereas the other way might have been). My intention is “not to harm” but simply deter entry using a commercially available product that is highly unlikely to cause major injury to an intruder. Prikla Strip offers a simple, affordable and practical solution for use in any location where you want to deter intruders or animals without using a product which could be life threatening or risk causing serious injury to intruders or pets. For obvious safety reasons, the installation of Prikla Strip at a height of less than head height is not recommended. Please Note; Pink Grip is a solvent based adhesive and is not generally recommended for use with asphalt based surfaces - if in doubt, try a small test strip before commencing installation.We’ve been having a problem recently with some local youths, who think they have the right to enter my garden when they feel like it. If you use anti-climb spikes, you need to make sure that you have a warning sign for the general public. We hope this article helps you decide on anti-climb spikes for your wall. Please Note: Where prikla strips are used to protect commercial premises the use of warning signs is strongly recommended. After all, the aesthetic of your wall still matters. The spikes are short and hardly noticeable, that doesn't mean they're less effective. Rotational spikes tend to be a tad more practical, as they can cut from different angles. This is not the case with one-directional spikes.

Could your home or place of business have been more securer? The world that we live in is not all roses and ponies. I was not using unreasonable measures, the spikes were a commercial (rather than home-made) deterrerent made for this purpose. They were not unduly sharp or barbed, they were fitted out of the reach of children and out of casual reach; To stop people climbing over your wall means you need to get spikes that are difficult to weave through. You also want to make sure the spikes are durable enough so that they don’t bend if someone were to put a lot of weight on them.

Support

This may also give you more time to get help. Also, the noise that may be made as they try to navigate through the spikes may help alert neighbours. I had a very similar problem several years ago with a business premises. Vandals were scaling a wall, causing damage to vehicles and were also posing a risk to themselves by walking up the slope of the wall to bang on the windows of the first floor of a Georgian townhouse (very tall ceilings, narrow wall, significant drop). Anti climbing spikes offer a practical, anti climb deterrent ...protecting your walls, fences, gates and flat roofs against animal or human intruders.

This warning is to protect intruders from personal injury. But it also protects you as the property owner. If an intruder tries to climb over a wall, that has a warning sign on it, and they get hurt, it's on them. Construction is also as significant as the direction of the spikes. This will also determine how effective the spikes will be.

My main question is, what are the legalities of using these type of strips? I have trawled the net but seem to get many different answers as to the use & the law covering these strips. The points are staggered for maximum effect. Each strip is 500mm long, 45mm wide and 15mm high which delivers maximum deterrent but minimum harm. Next working day delivery is not available for the Scottish Highlands and some remote areas where an additional charge may apply. Various manufacturers make spikes and types of barbed wire that you can install on your wall. The type that you go with should be what keeps you and your family safe. Are anti-climb spikes legal?

As people have suggested, he advised clear signs & regular photographs to prove I am taking all reasonable precautions to “deter” unauthorised access to my property.Section 164 Highways Act 1980, says that where, on land adjoining a highway, there is a fence made with barbed wire in or on it and the wire is a nuisance to the highway, a notice may be issued by the Local Authority for the nuisance to be removed. Each strip measures 500 x 45mm. Spike height; 15mm. Hinge construction for easy fit to flat or non flat surfaces My fence is at the end of a private drive at the side of my neighbour’s property & is high enough to prevent accidental injuries. There is no public right of way & there is no reason for anyone to come close to the fence.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment