276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Faking Perfect

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well, I did not feel for any character and I could not connect with any one. I felt sorry for Lexi at times and the girl really has a bad life considering her family. But, I could not understand some of her decisions and...I just could not connect with her.

Secondly, although I did mention about Lexi seeming vain and shallow, I admired her honest flaws. I know we all have this fear of not belonging and we'd be willing to go through lengths to feel accepted and that's exactly what Lexi was trying to do. And in that regard I could relate. So after the first three to four chapters, I went from disliking her to admiring her and rooting for her. I loved watching her grow into her own self and own up to being her no matter what anyone thinks. The journey of discovery she went through felt real and was heartbreaking at times. It takes a lot of courage to be who you are and that's exactly what Lexi has shown. Yes, what the book actually tell you about Tyler is, he is a bad guy, he sells drugs in parties and stuff, he drink a lot, he is a man-whore and all the bad stuff you can think.And that he falls in love with Lexi :D Emma’s husband Rich was a nice guy though, till the very end, I really wasn’t sure if he’s not playing somewhere else, and the children were optimally written, the lovely Henry and Millie the teenager. It’s good though that Ella and Emma didn’t have much scenes together because well, it wouldn’t be too easy with those names, I think. It gets harder as the technology improves. In 2018, US researchers discovered that deepfake faces don’t blink normally. No surprise there: the majority of images show people with their eyes open, so the algorithms never really learn about blinking. At first, it seemed like a silver bullet for the detection problem. But no sooner had the research been published, than deepfakes appeared with blinking. Such is the nature of the game: as soon as a weakness is revealed, it is fixed. We see Lexi really start to face some of her issues at school, with her mom and dad and with Tyler and Ben (her crush forever). All of this leads to some realizations for her and definitely some growth.I’m going to embarrass her so hard she’ll spend the next year in her room trying to work out how to change her identity,’ I reply. ‘Millie has been walking all over Emma for too long. I’m going to go in there and – maybe I’ll grab a drink? Maybe I’ll get up on a table and dance?’ Lexi Shaw keeps a perfectly pristine high school image. She never leaves home without a perfect appearance and always hangs out with the popular crowd. She’s even got a crush on the most perfect boy in school. Despite her obsession with perfection, her reality is far from it- what with an alcoholic mother, absentee father and a vice she can’t quite shake off (a.k.a. late nights with Tyler Flynn, resident bad boy). I really felt sad reading about all of Lexi's efforts to become perfect and to chase perfection with any cost. Personally, I liked that Lexi wasn't the 'good girl' cliche I see often in young adult contemporaries. She had flaws of her own, whether they were obvious--like her mother's current dating life, or less obvious things--such as letting Tyler Flynn inside her window at midnight. Did you read Faking Perfect? What did you think about it? If not, are you planning to read it? Feel free to share your thoughts in comments!

This is a novel of change and growth. It was lovely to see Ella grow into herself and I really enjoyed watching her relationship blossom with her niece. Despite Ella having a bad reputation of being the “naughty twin”, she goes to prove how much she has changed. As such, this is undoubtedly a heart-warming story with plenty of laughs along the way. If you're not into coming-of-age books dashed with a little bit of romance, then this book may not be the one for you. I liked that the characters in this book are not all perfect little cookie cutter characters, the majority of them are deeply flawed and I really appreciated that. In particular, Ben, I love that he didn't just turn out to be your typical nice clean cut all American guy who the main character loses interest in only because he is too perfect, he was actually a deeply flawed character who turned out to, while looking perfect on the surface, actually be a huge asshole and I really appreciated that. What do I say? ‘I’m Edward’s mum,’ I lie. ‘He forgot his anti-diarrhoea medication. I thought I’d better bring it.’ ‘You’re not my mum,’ he says angrily before turning to his lady friend. ‘She’s not my mum.’ However, I did really enjoy Lexi’s relationship with her best friend, Nolan, and his family. Even though Lexi has not had the easiest home life, I was glad that she has always had a safe and comfortable place she could run to. I especially liked that Nolan and Lexi’s relationship was strictly a friendship.Faking It is a hilarious romantic comedy about what really matters in life and a reminder that nobody is as perfect as they appear to be. So why when she was with her perfect boyfriend couldn't stop thinking about her imperfect ex-lover????

Things that she wasn't capable to give him, since the only thing that she was seeking was perfection and Tyler was far from that role... Ben was the one for her... Overall, it is a relatively light summery read about finding yourself, being you as only you can be, the struggles and bonds of family and the hardships and the beauty of friendship and love. If you can look past all the cliché, it is an okay novel. This is such a quirky and different storyline and it really kept me entertained, as you never knew what Ella as Emma would encounter next, let alone what her reactions might me. And she really gets to know the two kids, as well as well a few of the men in the village including one that could be Ella in male form!

Help

This book was interesting, and different from what I normally read. I don't think I would classify this as romance, probably a self-discovery sort of teen book. The book could be pared down some, I found myself skimming over paragraphs and that's something I don't normally do. When I saw this on up for review on NetGalley and read the synopsis, which reminded of The Duff by Kody Keplinger, one of my favorites, I had to request it. I started reading it as soon as I was approved and, though I really liked it, it wasn't all I was excepting it would be. While Emma was the ever successful sibling, Ella struggled endlessly along the way. At age 34, Emma lived in a mansion, married to a gorgeous man, and mother to two lovely children. Meanwhile, Ella was alone, homeless, and unemployed. So when Emma rings Ella saying she's in desperate need of her help, because she's going to have to go away for a while. The plot was predictable, from the start of the story I knew exactly what and how things would happen. Which I tend to be alright given the fact that is an contemporary, so I was looking forward more on the characterization.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment