276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Laila Gold Longer Basmati Rice with Finest Aroma 10Kg

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The exact origin of rice will perhaps never be known. However, it is certain that domestication of rice ranks as one of the most important developments in history. It has fed more people over a longer period than has any other crop. According to folklore in Burma, Bali, India and Japan, rice is considered to be a Gift of the Gods. Rice is treated with reverence, and its cultivation is tied to elaborate rituals. More than 1 billion people throughout the world are actively involved in growing rice. 50% of all the world’s rice is eaten within 8 miles of where it is grown. Thanks very much for all the advice, although I'm feeling a bit dismayed that you can all get laila fluffy but I can't! Maybe I got a bad bag I use the absorption method and usually have no problems. But I'm using twice the water not 3.5x as east mids mum says, will try that.

Laila Gold Basmati Rice | Morrisons

You need to wash it a good 5 times and if you have the time soak for 10mins. If I'm making 2 cups of rice I will use 3.5 cups of water (not double, ever with any rice) and then bring to the boil before adding the rice, once rice is reduce heat to med/low with the lid on for 10 mins then turn off the heat while the lid is still on for another 5 mins. There is a large selection of microwavable basmati rice currently on the market, which makes spicing up your dishes even more exciting. All basmati rice is gluten-free, making it an excellent choice for those looking to eliminate or minimise their gluten intake.Can anyone advise me on which are good brands of basmati rice to buy in 5 or 10 kg bags. Have realised that I've been crazy buying expensive little bags all these years. However, I bought a bag of 'Laila' rice which is I'm finding impossible to get nice and fluffy no matter how much I wash and soak. If you're a fan of boiling rather than microwaving your rice, but you never know exactly how much to measure out, boil-in-the-bag rice could well be the one for you. This variety of basmati comes in little pre-portioned bags of about 100 g or less – all you have to do is get some water boiling on the hob and pop the bag in.

Laila Basmati Rice I Love Laila Naturally – Laila Naturals Laila Basmati Rice I Love Laila Naturally – Laila Naturals

If convenience is top of your list, you'll love Tilda's instant rice. Probably one of the fastest options you could go for, all you need is a microwave. And even if you don't have one, you can fry it! It's ideal to take to work or to pair with your evening meal, and the subtle lemon and herb flavouring makes it appropriate to eat with simple accompaniments. The boil in the bag option of basmati rice is a great choice if you are looking for a simplified way to control your portion and prefer the tastier option of boiling the rice. The standard portion size of rice should be 1 cup or roughly the size of a closed fist.

Tilda's brown basmati might take longer to boil than some of the other rice options on the market, but trust us, it's worth that 25 minute wait! The golden brown grains produce a nutty taste and are full of nutritious vitamins and minerals.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment