276°
Posted 20 hours ago

World Without End: An Illustrated Guide to the Climate Crisis

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My thanks to Europe Comics and NetGalley for the DRC of “World Without End”. This review is voluntary and contains my honest opinion about the book.

I missed Prior Philip, from the original book, who was a character who at least had some integrity and depth to him. All the clergy in "World Without End" seemed to be corrupt - including the ones we're supposed to like. Since it's hard to review a book of this size without revealing too much, here are some closing points: He graduated from the École polytechnique in 1984 and from the Ecole nationale supérieure des télécommunications de Paris in 1986. I am in awe of Follett's plot. He weaves the stories together in a way that they all make sense and seem cohesive.Le débat porte sur le fait générateur : pic parce que nous renonçons volontairement pour cause de climat (pic dit "de demande") ou parce qu'il n'y en a plus assez ? (pic dit "d'offre"). Dans ce cas, peut être que des liens (ou un QR code en fin d’ouvrage menant vers des liens) avec des statistiques, un consensus scientifique, ce genre de chose, aurait été pertinent.

Seul problème : on ne peut pas se servir d'une version électronique pour caler des meubles une fois la lecture terminée... mais j'espère que ce petit inconvénient ne dissuadera pas les plus motivé(e)s ! En 2020, dernière année où des réserves prouvées ont été publiées par ce qui était alors BP Statistical Review (devenu depuis l'Energy Institute), les Emirats revendiquaient 5% e l'ensemble du pétrole extractible sur terre, et il est peu probable que le Sultan Al Jaber, par ailleurs président de la Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) aille expliquer que son mandat est d'en laisser l'essentiel sous terre, ce qui serait nécessaire pour respecter la limite des 1,5°C (remarque aussi valable pour le gaz et le charbon). Set two centuries after Pillars of the Earth, the people of Kingsbridge are at it again. The cathedral built in Pillars is in disrepair after part of the roof caved in, the bridge collapsed, and the prior is dead. Also, the constant maneuvering continues... I also found Follett's descriptions of the complete powerlessness of women and the ultimate authority of the nobles described with total intensity, and they are displayed over and over again through the stories of the characters. Equally interesting were the power struggles between the church, the people, and the nobility. Conflict everywhere! Love it!La préoccupation de "fin du mois" étant majeure pour une fraction croissante de l'électorat, il est impératif que l'écologie ne soit pas vue par une large fraction de la population comme un "truc de riches contre le peuple" (ce qui est actuellement le cas : https://t.ly/iBi9F ). Ralph is different, though. You will remember Ralph because of this mnemonic device I am giving you now: Rapey Ralph.

The Ryst bookstore, in Cherbourg-en-Cotentin [in the Manche area on the coast of Normandy], was the first to report the arrival of a forger on Wednesday, December 14, 2022. A woman, posing as a representative of the publisher, asked to photocopy and insert an erratum with very political overtones in copies of the book” Kingsbridge #2: World Without End by Ken Follett. What a book, what a ride. While this is the second book in the series, it can absolutely be read as a stand-alone. The connections to the first book, which took place 200 years prior, have to do with the town itself. Yes, our main characters here are largely descendants of the characters of the first book, but that’s about it.Follett craftily used his characters to show all these changes. And he does it brilliantly. Using a powerful story with wonderful characters. Jean-Marc Jancovici (born 1962) is a French engineering consultant, energy and climate expert, professor, conference speaker, writer, and independent columnist. He is co-founder and associate at the Carbone 4 consultancy firm, and the founding president of the think-tank The Shift Project. No matter what our age, gender, race, religion or nationality, we cannot escape from the consequences of our actions. As the heat wave in Europe soars to unimaginable levels and flash floods and intense rains are becoming a common occurrence every year during the Indian monsoon, it is high time we reflect on our habits and how we can be more eco-friendly. This is where the book comes in. World Without End is another epic slam dunk in the the saga of the ‘Kingsbridge’ series. Follett creates another masterpiece that is wildly accurate to the historical time, as he tells a tale that is fascinating, with memorable characters! For those readers who have read the first book of this series you will find pretty much the same content as has gone before.

I was parched and hungry for a good meaty read. Well consider me gorged and my story thirst completely slaked.

Fetishes turn up a lot in Follett novels. As I mentioned above, Pillars of the Earth was marked by its detailed descriptions of pubic hair, and the way Follett’s characters obsessed over their hirsuteness. This was hilarious for many reasons, but mainly because people in the Middle Ages were engaged in a minute-to-minute struggle not to scratch themselves on the arm and die of a raging infection. I’m guessing that bikini waxing and body-scaping were low on their list of concerns. En effet, la formation est une "réaction en chaîne" : un premier noyau de personnes "qui savent" va former un deuxième cercle plus élargi, au sein duquel une partie des gens pourront former un troisième cercle, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment