276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Morrisons Trifle Sponges, Pack of 8

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The final layer of your trifle is the cream. For peace of mind, Granny recommends using whipping cream; as it is easier to whip without the risk of over-whipping. However, I tend to find that whipping cream isn’t as readily available, compared to double cream. For that reason, I have listed double cream as a choice too. Both give fabulous results, just be cautious not to over-whip your double cream! (Or use whipping cream if you’re concerned). More cake, more berries, more jelly and more custard. Then top the trifle with any leftover fruit before piling high with whipped cream. Now it’s time for the custard. You can make your own custard from scratch or using custard powder, but it’s a simple dessert, so store bought custard works just fine. Buy a good quality one.

Create a second layer of soaked sponge fingers and then spoon over the rest of the mascarpone mixture. It reminds me of happy days, parties and holidays so that’s enough of a reason to throw it together more often!

Vegan Double Cream You must use a whippable double cream that will form soft peaks - my go-to choice is this Elmlea Plant Double that whips really well, but if you're in a rush you can buy cans of squirty vegan cream in most supermarkets. Another great alternative is to put a tin of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, pour away the clear liquid and whip the solid white section with the icing sugar - really lovely. You might need two tins depending on the size of your trifle dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sponge is golden-brown and begins to shrink from the edges of the tin. While the cake is cooking, place a piece of baking parchment a little bigger than the size of the tin on the work surface and dust it with caster sugar. You can really customise trifle to your liking and to what you have available to you, but follow the basic thread – cake, soak, fruit, jelly, custard – repeat. The final touch? Clouds of whipped cream. Pour the custard into a jug or bowl, cover the surface with clingfilm and leave to cool. You can also watch how to make custard in our Cookery School Video. To assemble the trifle, tip the bowl from side to side to make sure all the Madeira has soaked into the sponges, the peel and slice the bananas. Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for five minutes, until soft and floppy. Lift the gelatin from the water and squeeze out the excess liquid. Add to the fruit in the pan and stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved. Remove from the heat, and transfer the jelly mixture to a bowl. Allow to cool, then chill in the fridge until the mix has set to a softly wobbling jelly.

It’s perfect for dessert after a big family dinner, great as part of a buffet for parties or even just because you fancy a bowlful.

{% title %}

Oreo Cheesecakes– delicious Oreo biscuit base topped with creamy cheesecake frosting and chocolate sprinkles. Cut the Swiss roll into 14 slices. Carefully arrange eight of the slices, closely together, around the sides of a 20cm/8in, straight sided, glass bowl, with the cut, rolled sides facing outwards. My Classic Trifle starts with cake. I usually use small sponge rolls that I can buy at the supermarket – but you can use any kind of sponge cake, vanilla cake or madeira cake you like– cakes without any frosting are best.

Although the recipe shared uses raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, you can use any of the many berries you can source. Combine and try… Frozen Berries are ideal here so you can make this berry trifle at any time of year. I like this summer fruits mix, but any similar mix of berries will do. Or use fresh berries instead if you prefer, (and you can omit the sprinkle of caster sugar if you do, as fresh berries are a little sweeter already). Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Whip the cream until soft peaks form when you remove the whisk from the mixture. Spoon the cream over the top of the trifle, starting from the outside and working in. This will avoid the cream sinking into the custard.Begin by prepping your ingredients. Chop your strawberries in half and then combine with raspberries and blueberries. Roughly chop your sponge cake into 1/2 inch slices. And chop your jelly (once set) into 1 inch squares.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment