276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Contributions from the Laboratory of Vertebrate Biology. Number 64, February 1954. pp. 37, with 26 Fig. + 2 big Tables. The vast scope of this book lifts the veil on the state of being that is our birthright. - Nexus magazine Nasıl ki yaşamlarımız birbirine bir şekilde bağlı, ölümlerimiz de görünmeyen bağlara sahip aslında.

The Field by Robert Seethaler | Goodreads

Soil and crop studies at the Big Spring (Texas) Field Station, 1916-53 / by F.E. Keating and O.R. Mathews, in cooperation with the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station (1957) [Leatherbound]Knyga liūdna, ilgesinga, nostalgiška, o autoriaus lakoniškas stilius toks paprastas, bet pilnas jausmo ir lengvumo.

The Field by Lynne McTaggart | Goodreads

Now, don’t let the description of this book put you off. This is NOT a book about the dead, ghosts or any other horror or supernatural elements. We are here. We are a part of the world of light unseen (or even seen!). We resonate. We are the field. Because this, my lovely friends, is why I read. And this is why I keep opening one book after the other. Because I believe that’s the way life has to be lived: as an intense search for what speaks louder to our hearts. Significant portions of her book about Kathleen Cavendish, Marchioness of Hartington appeared without attribution [9]Freeman’s style is rather breezy and conversational for an academic history, which (for a snobbish academic like myself) can be occasionally off-putting. At one point, she refers to John Quincy Adams – the sixth President, then a Congressman, and an irascible opponent of slavery – as ‘clearly, Fight Consultant Extraordinaire’ (35)). That said, her subject does lend itself to comedy at times: for example, an 1858 melee in the House ended in part because one member accidentally yanked off Congressman William Barksdale’s hairpiece. Freeman’s reference to ‘the hilarity of Barksdale’s flipped wig’ (240) seems apropos. While reading this book, you may notice an overarching theme of martyrdom. Like Galileo, imprisoned and shunned by society for daring to suggest that the Earth wasn’t the center of the universe, these intrepid scientists at the frontier of human knowledge were prosecuted by their peers for daring to question the Establishment!!! They were oppressed by skeptics!!!! ! The idea behind this novel is original as it is not meant be be a horror or a ghost story. In fact, the reader does not feel as if they are reading tales told by the deceased, and this is what makes The Field an unusual read. The voices sound like those of the living, and some observations they make about their passing away could not be said more naturally.

Field Series Collection 3 Books Set By Simon Kernick The Bone Field Series Collection 3 Books Set By Simon Kernick

This is a book about life written in the words of the people buried in the town graveyard, known as The Field. Their memories tell us the story of the town, seen through each person's perceptions of moments from their lives. Very young, very old, and everyone in between. Written in the simple language that seems to be Seethaler's style, we realize that it doesn't end with death. As strange as it might sound, every single character telling their story is already dead. Some were old, others not that old. Some knew each other and others didn’t but whether they knew it or not while they were alive their lives had collided in some way somewhere in time. I know, I know, how can I say that there’s no supernatural elements in it if I want you to believe the words of the dead. Well, I guess you’ll have to trust me if I say that their voices are exactly like any other voice of a first person narrator. It works. It really does. And so well. Shermer, Michael (5 April 2006). "Prayer & Healing: The Verdict is in and the Results are Null". ESkeptic. ISSN 1556-5696.Seethaleris rašo po pusvalandį per kartą, tekstų netaiso, knygą pabaigia per pusantrų metų, pasaulį laiko vieta, kurioje ženkliai per daug pliurpalų. While it might look a little dated now this is an important snapshot of a certain type of small town Irish insularity that reigned at a time when there was an , obsession with land and religion, allied with a horror of the unknown that could be twisted to brutal ends. I would have liked more examination of the roles of race, violence and humiliation beyond Congress, especially the ways that violence was central to the governance of the South during (and after) slavery. But overall, this is a well-written, pacey and enlightening account of how the American polity developed and fragmented within the close quarters of its central institution. Freeman’s work also refers to the ways that racial politics shaped the culture of violence in the United States, especially as the country’s politics and parties reoriented around the question of slavery and its expansion. Southern violence – as Northern critics frequently pointed out – was tied to the way that plantations and enslaved people were governed. ‘By definition, a slave regime was violent and imperilled’ because of the threat of revolution (70), and thus Southerners reacted violently to any suggestion of or advocacy for abolition as a threat to their lives and their honour. This endemic violence also produced a South that embraced a culture of duelling and private violence (‘such man-to-man encounters were semi-sanctioned in the South’ (70)).

The Field by Robert Seethaler, Charlotte Collins | Waterstones

a b "Author biography at Harper Collins". Archived from the original on 26 October 2010 . Retrieved 23 October 2010. Listen, people. ‘Skeptic’ isn’t a bad word. Being a skeptic doesn’t mean that you’re closed-minded and refuse to listen to new ideas. It means that you question everything. Approaching the world with skepticism is a good thing, because it means that you can’t easily be fooled. I’m a skeptic, and even though I wanted to believe what this book was telling me, the first thing I did after I finished was to google the author, all of the scientists, and all of the major concepts that were mentioned. What I found was that pretty much everything was grossly misrepresented. I’m not going to hash through all of that here because it’ll take up a lot of space, but I will however mention one fact that absolutely floored me when I read it. Die Energie in einem einzigen Kubikmeter Raum reicht aus, um alle Ozeane der Welt zum Kochen zu bringen.

19 Comments

Nonlocality shattered the very foundations of physics. Matter could no longer be considered separate. Actions did not have to have an observable cause over an observable space. Einstein’s most fundamental axiom wasn’t correct: at a certain level of matter, things could travel faster than the speed of light. Subatomic particles had no meaning in isolation but could only be understood in their relationships. The world, at its most basic, existed as a complex web of interdependent relationships, forever indivisible.”1 The author pulls together research done over the past 40-50 years showing that all discoveries together point towards a common direction: Hama, Rokuro; Jones, Mark; Okushima, Hiroki; Kitao, Masahiro; Noda, Narumi; Hayashi, Keiji; Sakaguchi, Keiko (2011). "Oseltamivir and early deterioration leading to death: a proportional mortality study for 2009A/H1N1 influenza". The International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine. 23 (4): 201–215. doi: 10.3233/JRS-2011-0545. ISSN 1878-6847. PMID 22156085. Freeman’s book is exceptionally well researched. Her examination of journalistic records and diaries is thorough, and her explanations about how journalists covered Congress are fascinating enough for a book in its own right. Freeman explains how the most widely circulated press record, the Congressional Globe, frequently omitted or bowdlerised accounts of Congressional violence, as did Washington papers in general, partly because DC papers relied on federal printing contracts (186-87). The development of a national press and the telegraph produced a more open reporting, and tended to heighten the cycle of violence. As a yoga practitioner, and one who has gone through reiki training, my rational mind seeks more scientific substantiation of what the yogis, healers and spiritualists have known for thousands of years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment