276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vientiane Cat Coffee Spoon, 5 Pieces Stainless Steel Hanging Coffee Teaspoon, Mini Kitten Design Stirring Spoon for Water, Tea, Milk, Coffee, Dessert, Drink, Milkshake (5 Colors)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They dined on mince, and slices of quince, Which they ate with a runcible spoon; And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, They danced by the light of the moon,’ Upon re-reading this poem as an adult, I am forced to ask: ‘what on Earth is a runcible spoon?’ So, I got to work on some researching, and I was surprised with what I learned. Hopefully, you will be too. Everyone was a child once, and most of us will recall the renowned work of Victorian poet, Edward Lear. Lear’s most famous work is the nonsensical poem, ‘The Owl and the Pussy-Cat’. From venturing the sea on a pea-green boat, to marrying using a ring from the nose of a Piggy-wig, ‘The Owl and the Pussy-Cat’ is a childhood classic.

The word runcible, as it turns out, was invented entirely. Supposedly, ‘runcible’ was one of Lear’s favourite nonsense words, which makes sense when you learn that Lear used the term time and time again to describe different things, from a ‘runcible hat’, to a ‘runcible cat’ or ‘runcible goose’. So, the question arises; how do we define ‘runcible’?

Required Cookies & Technologies

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment