276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Because of Miss Bridgerton: A Bridgerton Prequel (The Rokesbys Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sure, I had some fun reading the beginning of this story: Billie is supposed to be an hellion and what's his name... George is all conservative and formal... you know, true to the time in which he was living? I laughed so hard at the scenes where Billie was jealous of Lady Alexandra and the widow, and George was jealous of his brothers or the entire male population. Parkerton, Michelle (January 29, 2021). "Are We Experiencing a Bridgerton Book Shortage?". Parade: Entertainment, Recipes, Health, Life, Holidays . Retrieved May 20, 2022. Her ashen face took on a greenish hue. “You don’t think that someone would think that you… that we…” She swallowed. “That we disappeared… together?”

Westenfeld, Adrienne (March 25, 2022). "The Men Who Read and Watch 'Bridgerton' Are Onto Something". Esquire . Retrieved May 18, 2022. She supposed it could have been worse. She’d been well up in the tree, easily a good eight feet above the roof of the barn, when the cat had hissed at her, flung out a well-clawed paw, and sent them both tumbling. I am giving this five stars because I enjoyed it so much. The characters were delightful, the dialogue was amusing and I just wanted to hide away and read the whole thing without stopping. Of course I could not do that but I came pretty close:) Suzanne: Despite how negative some of my comments seem, overall I really liked this book and I will be looking forward to read the next one. I can’t wait to see who is next. Any fool would have left it up there, but no, Billie had heard the mewling, and she'd been halfway up the tree before it occurred to her that she didn't even like cats.Aunque el romance tarda en aparecer, si se deja ver ésa química entre ellos, y si está bien descrito el enamoramiento, o al menos a mí me lo ha parecido. Tampoco voy a decir que es el mejor libro de Julia Quinn, ni mucho menos; pero sí me ha gustado más que los mas sosetes de los Bridgerton. Aside from the ship of bantery perfection, the Rokesbys and Bridgertons are adorable. The two families are besties and basically act like one big family. They meet up for dinners and talk about vaguely scandalous stuff, and I love them all dearly. I cannot wait for more Rokesby books because YASSS. Also, the mothers are such shippers and I love it. Oh bloody hell, what did it matter what the time was? It wasn’t going to get her off this damned roof.

Because of Miss Bridgerton started off quite unsteadily. For the first half of the book, the writing was too fragmented, and the flow wasn't as fluid as I'd expect from a Julia Quinn novel. It was almost as if Ms. Quinn was still trying to get a solid foothold on things in the first 30%-40%. There was an abundance of unnecessary details and dialogues that didn't blend well together. Thank you,” she said primly, but she didn’t think he heard her. He’d always had a fast, long-legged stride, and he’d disappeared around the corner before she could be properly polite.I know some people might absolutely love the Pall Mall scene because they liked it in the original...but—confession time—I didn't really care for it in the original to begin with. It's not that I hated it, but I didn't really give a damn one way or the other about it. So it's inclusion here? I was less than enthused by it. (Which made it all the more cringey.) And, once the house party had served its purpose—which, I assume, was simply for the Pall Mall—it was immediately terminated. Again...wha? But then, off in the distance she saw a flash of movement, and unless the local beasts had recently made the move to bipedalism, it was quite clearly human. George knew better than to inquire about embroidery, or watercolors, or any of a dozen other indoor pursuits commonly taken up by ladies of his acquaintance. And then later, when he proposes, she rejects him because she thinks he's asking because he has to, not because he wants to...and she follows this by worrying if she messed up by rejecting him. Then even later, he disappears during a ball with a random OW and is gone for HOURS, ditching her there and forgetting the two dances he'd promised her, finally coming home after 3AM, and he tells her he can't tell her where he was or what he was doing...and that's good enough for her to fall into bed with him? I found her reactions hard to swallow. Aww, I'm so glad I stopped torturing myself with a bad series and followed up with Julia Quinn. Her first Bridgerton series was soooo good. Apparently, this series is set before the Bridgerton series, and we get to learn a couple of things, such as the birth of "The Mallet of Death".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment