276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sometimes You Win--Sometimes You Learn: Life's Greatest Lessons Are Gained from Our Losses

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s a book called “Mistakes That Worked” by Charlotte Foltz Jones.It talks about how amazing it is that so many of the great inventions we have today were actually mistakes.That instead of abandoning the whole idea, their inventors found a new use and created something great. How many "Post-It" notes do you use in a day?... imagine if that mistake never happened! Change Yourself. Quit looking at the environment or people as the issue. In life, if you want more, you must become more. Not because there's not great people around us as leaders, but because we're having to see things before others see them, and we're having to execute on what see before we can properly articulate, so that others can have a comprehensive understanding as well. That journey of improvement is unique, because I'm relying on self indicators and self measurement systems to make sure that I am improving, not on previous experience, not on the assessment of mentors, and not even on others that have taken this exact same journey with us, because we're in rarefied air, we're in blue ocean, we're in pioneering state of realities, we're trying to create something that hasn't been created before. And so that really is something that I'm learning right now and trying to improve myself with. part of this book without the permission of the publisher is unlawful piracy and theft of the author’s

Mark Cole:Yeah. It was really encouraging, earlier this year, John Maxwell and I were with Doris Kearns Goodwin who wrote Team of Rivals, and Leadership in Turbulent Times, where she really assesses world leaders and pulls out leadership attributes from them. I was with her earlier this year, and it was very encouraging to me. I guess misery loves company. It was very encouraging to me as she began to extrapolate out times of great isolation in Abraham Lincoln's leadership, and Lyndon B. Johnson's leadership, and Martin Luther king Jr's leadership. She really pulled out some things in, brought some things to life of what it really means to lead and create improvement in ourselves, sometimes when we are the student and the teacher. I guess that's what it is. I love John's statement, in fact, we're getting into teachability in his next point, I love this idea of when the student is ready, the teacher appears, and I'm always looking for this brilliant mentor or father figure like John is to me, walking into my life and giving me the lesson I'm looking for.Too often we want to feel our way into acting, when instead we need to act our way into feeling Chapter 12 – Winning Isn’t Everything, But Learning Is Successful people approach losing differently. They don't try to brush failure under the rug. They don't run away from their losses. Their attitude is never Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Instead they think, Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. They understand that life's greatest lessons are gained from our losses—if we approach them the right way. The 21 Indisputable, Irrefutable Reasons Why Not to Forget Your Gun in Your Briefcase When Going to the Airport Gives you perspective: humility doesn’t mean you think less of yourself. It means you think of yourself less. And it will allow you to look at the bigger picture. The Comparison Trap:“Someone else is better qualified than I am.”—Losses cause us to feel inferior to others.

Teachable People Learn Something New Every Day. Any day will make you a little larger or a little smaller. Strung many days together and you will be a lot larger or a lot smaller

Allows to let go of perfectionism: contrary to prideful people, those with a spirit of humility aren’t afraid of a mistake. Successful people don’t shy away from difficulties, they learn to face them and move ahead in spite of them.

Millions of individuals--myself included--have been inspired by the words and works of John Maxwell. Now, in The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, John again shares his remarkable insights and wisdom into how each of us can reach our full potential and make a positive difference in the lives of others. Elizabeth Dole

More on this topic

Preparation. Every day ask yourself in advance what you’re going to learn. You will be amazed by how often you can improve from people and experiences in your daily life. Brilliant. A helpful and/or enlightening book that, in addition to meeting the highest standards in all pertinent aspects, stands out even among the best. Often an instant classic and must-read for everyone. Change Your Non-growing Friends Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships. And of course, you have probably heard “ you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with“.

In the book, it lists the 11 elements that constitute the DNA of a learner… those people who despite problems, failures and losses… somehow succeed. After we landed, the pilot remarked on what a nice gun it was. And he asked me, "Do you know how to load it?" Well structured – You’ll find this to be particularly well organized to support its reception or application.Life is a succession of losses, beginning with the loss of the warmth and comfort of the womb that nurtured us for the first nine months of our existence. In childhood we lose the luxury of total dependence on our mothers. We lose our favorite toys. We lose days dedicated to play and exploration. We lose the privilege of pursuing the irresponsible pleasures of youth. We separate from the protection of our families as we leave the nest and take on adult responsibilities. Over the course of our adult lives, we lose jobs and positions. Our self-esteem may take a beating. We lose money. We miss opportunities. Friends and family die. And I don't even want to talk about some of the physical losses we experience with advancing age! We lose all these things and more, until we finally face the final loss—that of life itself. It cannot be denied that our lives are filled with loss. Some losses are great; some are small. And the losses we face affect our mental health. Some people handle it well, while others don't. Learning Is Possible Only When Our Thinking Changes. Negative ideas and discouraging thoughts will try to creep in. But Maintaining a consistently positive mental attitude will be your greatest ally in growing and learning. So you stand guard at the gates of your mind. Think positively for long enough, and your positive thoughts will grow stronger and more natural. If you want to be successful tomorrow, then you must be teachable today Chapter 7 – Adversity: The Catalyst for Learning Concrete Examples – You’ll get practical advice illustrated with examples of real-world applications or anecdotes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment