276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Creeping Beauty: Fairy Tales Gone Bad

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really feel like this book doesn't deserve all of the low reviews, however I always respect the honest reviews of others. Waterstones Children’s Laureate, Joseph Coelho, and Freya Hartas are back for the final book in this beautifully unique series of Fairy Tales Gone Bad.

I can count on one hand the number of books I've DNF'd and still have fingers to spare, so when I say I wanted to put this down a couple chapters in, you know it's bad.She goes from being a naïve, helpless girl to a clever and strong warrior in the span of a few pages. Human trafficking was a surprisingly big element of the story but it was treated without any care or seriousness, brushed off the moment the author got bored with it. The romance, interestingly characterized by an unlikable love interest, concludes abruptly, leaving readers wanting more closure. Since the story follows Bitsy and her thoughts/emotions, it can be difficult to follow sometimes as she is not the brightest and a little selfish.

Joseph Coelho is an award-winning children's author, performance poet and playwright based in London. Will Eshe be able to stop the dreadful things about to happen to Queen Araminta's child - Princess Rose?I feel fantasy books work much better in third person as you get so much more information about the characters. Think: There's some legendary city that that apparently no one goes to because 100% of people who try die, yet also people have heard of this city and it seems to receive imports? Freya Hartas’ black and white illustrations appear across most two-page spreads, bringing life to the characters. Liking and/or connecting to a name is subjective, so I may not prefer it, but there could be other readers who love it. I love their back and forth and really think they are the only ones who can appreciate each other the most and treat each other at their worst.

It is not included in promotions available to our main range products, as stated in our terms of service.Ebooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook). As mentioned Bitsy and Peregrine were both well written and they both had well-developed arcs throughout the book. Where it’s a Halloween read you are after or just something a little different from the norm, this collection is worth a read.

I thought that in the new world that it was a lot of information dumped on you right away and could have been spaced out.I would describe Creeping Beauty as a cross between Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz, with a definite splash of female empowerment and autonomy. Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment