276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How to Be More Paddington: A Book of Kindness: The perfect gift for fans of Paddington

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Explore Paddington's unique and universal take on life in this very special collection of warm words about friendship, love, laughter and kindness.

It had been a lot of hard work but he was glad it had all been worthwhile—even if there was a lot of mess to clear up. She graduated from the Central School of Art in London after the war interrupted her studies at Tunbridge Wells Art School, then worked as an art teacher, painter and textile designer before becoming a full-time book illustrator. I felt teary as I read the lovely words and remembered again why I have loved this little bear for over thirty years.

You can even imagine him getting in a muddle with the hand sanitiser and the face masks of the pandemic. For the last 37 years of his life Michael Bond lived in London, not far from Paddington Station where it all began. Now you can learn how to be more like the much-loved bear from Darkest Peru in this uplifting collection of inspiring – often hilarious – quotes from the enduringly popular books by Michael Bond, with beautiful illustrations by the original Paddington illustrator, Peggy Fortnum. Michael Bond was born in Newbury, Berkshire on 13 January 1926 and educated at Presentation College, Reading.

From winning the hearts of the Brown family, to sharing elevenses with Mr Gruber and lending a paw around the neighbourhood, Paddington always tries to do his very best for others…even if there are a few well-intentioned mishaps along the way! Explore Paddington’s unique and universal take on life in this very special collection of warm words about friendship, family, love, laughter … and everything in between. From arriving in London and winning the hearts of the Brown family, to sharing elevenses with Mr Gruber and lending a paw around the neighbourhood, he always tries to do his very best for others… even if there are a few well-intentioned mishaps along the way! I recognised images that clearly accompanied stories from my son's own collection - I do understand why publishers felt the need to modernise.In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children’s literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. The one aspect that I wish that the book had captured was the way that Paddington also stands up for himself.

In 2015, Michael was awarded a CBE for his services to children's literature, to add to the OBE he received in 1997. How to Be More Paddington is more celebration of this fantastic character's warmth than sincere self-help but it is incredibly special nonetheless. In 1997 Michael Bond was awarded an OBE for services to children’s literature and this was followed by a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours in 2015.A lovely little book that filled me hope and joy… Read on own, and with my son aged 7, a book for the whole family. He was the creator of Paddington Bear and wrote about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Peggy Fortnum's wonderful illsutrations are accompanied by lines from various Paddington books by Michael Bond. This book is a sweet compilation of gentle thoughts and words to live by from the books, reminding us to be innocently wise and kind and well-intentioned just like Paddington Brown, even though the results may be mixed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment