276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Powerless

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then don’t think I won’t throw you over my damn shoulder and carry you out of here myself. Is that what you want?” I was tired. Tired of trying to be something I wasn't while no one knew what I was. So I decided to study the sky that night, spotting similarities between us. I was lonely in a way that I imagine the stars to be, observed by everyone yet too far to truly be seen. And for once, I wanted to be seen by someone."

I really enjoyed the story and characters but I know if I hadn’t read The Hunger Games I would have loved it so much more. There are so many elements which are a direct parallel to THG that it started to become a bit predictable. For example the contestants are made to gain the Ilyan peoples votes through a public interview (where Paedyn doesn’t say the script she’s meant to follow), royal balls (where of course Paedyn goes against tradition and dresses to stand out) and of course the trails themselves which despite knowing there can be only one winner they form alliances. Perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, this young adult fantasy follows the forbidden romance between a powerful prince and an ordinary girl as they try to survive their kingdom’s grueling laws pitting them against each other.Even now, decades later, tales of the bodies that scattered the sand under the scalding sun are casually passed around campfires, scary stories whispered among children. This book started with amazing enemies to lovers, the world building incredible, the politics and royalty aspects within a dystopian society done very well. I don’t bother stifling my snort. “It seems that two years haven’t been enough time for you to practice subtlety, A.” Several guards cross my path as I zigzag down streets, forcing me to slow down to steer clear of them. Every shop, corner, and street has been bestowed the gift of leering, white-uniformed law enforcers. These brutal Imperials have been stationed everywhere along Loot Alley by decree of the king due to an increase in crime.

How very gentlemanly of you, but that coat is not nearly big enough to save my dress from getting dirty.” Her saying 'Gonna stab you in the heart' was literally the 288262th time. She's Vicious little thing as he called her. (reminded me of Violet) Paedyn is an intelligent, strong main character who I was rooting for from the beginning. She is calculating, perceptive and stubborn - a perfect match for the other half of this book's perspective, Kai. The slow burn is EVERYTHING, and their banter/dynamic made me fall in love with this book.Paedyn is every other poor, stubborn, thief protagonist. Boiled down, she’s a blonde Katniss. From the way she thinks to the arrows she fires in the Games—my bad, Trials. kai azer is my new favorite book boyfriend. he gives off such a tristan dugray vibes ( if you know you know :)) and i’m literally living for it. i’m just so in love with confident, flirty and effortlessly funny men who are not scared to show interest. and he was it all. literally he is THE standard. The global co-publication deal was led in the UK by Amina Youssef, senior commissioning editor, and in the US by Nicole Ellul, senior editor at Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers. Simon & Schuster acquired world rights for three books from Roberts, brokered by attorney Lloyd Jassin at Law Offices of Lloyd J Jassin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment