276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Star Wars TM republic Frigate

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The third figure is Quinlan Vos. This figure does a very nice job depicting this very interesting Jedi. Quinlan Vos shows up a few times in the show and was meant to feature in one of the many arcs which was cancelled when Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2015. Fortunately, we received this arc in the form of a book and despite his relatively short time on screen he has become a fan favourite so people would like to get this character as a figure. He was remade in a realistic style in the 75151 Turbo Tank from 2016.

This clone has the regular head print used from 2008 – 2014 for the clone troopers in the animated style used for The Clone Wars line. Both Wolffe and this trooper are very desirable figures due to the fact they are exclusive to this set, I just wish we got 2 of this trooper to go with Wolffe. 9/10 I’d recommend this set to anyone who is a fan of Star Wars as it is an incredible display piece and a brilliant playset. The craft is instantly recognisable and iconic to many fans of The Clone Wars. Overall, the figures are great and most of them are exclusives. The build was challenging enough to be enjoyable without being needlessly difficult. If you’re a fan of The Clone Wars and don’t already have this set, I’d recommend getting it, especially before the price gets even higher than it already is. 9/10 The last figure before I review the build is Yoda. This is the same Yoda from the 8018 AAT and the magnet sets from 2009. He has grey hair rather than the later versions where he has white hair. He has a rubbery head like Plo Koon rather than the more conventional LEGO heads. The print on him works well and you know who it is instantly. He has his robes and under shirt printed on the torso with some creasing details. I like this torso and it resembles what Yoda wears in the show relatively well. He has short legs in light tan, so he is smaller than the average Minifigure. Like all of the Jedi in this set Yoda has a green Lightsaber which is correct to the one he uses in the Star Wars Saga. This is the only figure who is not exclusive to this set, but a good figure regardless. 8/10As the set is in play scale, we can see what would be the real escape pods on the underside of the hull, represented by 2×2 domes in dark grey. The cannons on the top and bottom of the craft can spin 360O and can be rotated up or down to point at whatever you want them to point at. LEGO has simulated the blaster fire with translucent 1×1 light blue studs, but you can remove these if you don’t want it to look like the ship is firing.

As this is a set based on The Clone Wars he has the notorious animated style face print. These prints were hit or miss. Some of them are fine but some are horrific with strange features and enlarged eyes to emulate the art style seen on screen. He has the iconic yellow stripe across his face and some stubble. The torso is nice and has the armour and robes we see him wear in the show. The hair continues onto the torso similar to how we see padawan minifigures with the hair braids printed on. The hair piece itself is ok for 2011 but I do prefer the newer hair piece that was used in 2016. The legs are relatively plain so perhaps they could have featured a robe print on his legs. This figure is still good despite the face due to his exclusivity and the nostalgia value of the old face prints. 8/10

The Minifigures of LEGO 7964 Republic Frigate

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment