276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stanley Yelnats' Survival Guide to Camp Greenlake (Holes Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don't complain. I don't ask too many questions. I try to make the right choices. And I'm still trying to dig the perfect hole." Stanley Yelnats is under a curse. A curse that began with his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather and has since followed generations of Yelnatses. Now Stanley has been unjustly sent to a boys’ detention center, Camp Green Lake, where the boys build character by spending all day, every day digging holes exactly five feet wide and five feet deep. There is no lake at Camp Green Lake. But there are an awful lot of holes. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2020-06-15 08:04:19 Boxid IA1813716 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier I know that sounds really weird. Who cares if your hole is perfect? But if you're going to be out there six hours a day, you have to give yourself a purpose. You can either groan about how stupid is to dig a hole, or you can tell yourself you're doing something important. You Are digging the best hole anyone's ever dug Being bitten by a scorpion or even a rattlesnake is not the worst thing that can happen to you. You won’t die.

Madame Zeroni: Madame Zeroni is the great-great-great-grandmother of Hector Zeroni (Zero). She is great friends with Elya Yelnats, and she gives him a pig. Because Elya breaks his promise of carrying her to the top of the mountain, she is considered to be the one who put a "curse" on the Yelnats family. Never has the wit, timing, creativity and sensitive styling of Louis Sachar been better than in this miniature novel disguised as a survival guide. Louis Sachar melds so successfully into the personage of Stanley Yelnats as to make the two one person, and we the reader are the recipient of the ensuing literature treat. Stanley Yelnats, now home from his adventures at Camp Green Lake Juvenile Correctional Facility, has decided to write a survival guide to help future campers to better endure their time spent there (since it has apparently re-opened?...).A True Story in My Universe: A book called Holes about Stanley's time at Camp Green lake has been published in-universe.

Sachar, Louis. "Stanley Yelnats's Survival Guide to Camp Green Lake". Louis Sachar. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. You can't let anybody else tell you what your choices are. Sometimes they won't give you the right choice. If you're going to survive at Camp Green Lake, you must always make the right choice, whether it's given to you or not." It also helps physically. If you can make a perfect circle, exactly five feet in diameter and five feet deep, with sides that are perpendicular to the ground, you will have dug the absolute minimum amount of dirt required. No one's ever done that, not even Zero, but he's come close In other words you are better and bigger than the challenge demanded by your current job. Look for greater things to do. Stretch yourself. You are not proving anything to others its just between you and that "nameless person inside you".

Imagine your misfortune if, like Stanley Yelnats, you found yourself the victim of a miscarriage of justice and interned in Camp Green Lake Correctional Institute. How would you survive? Thoughtfully Louis Sachar has learnt his knowledge and expertise to the subject and created this wonderful, quirky, and utterly essential guide to toughing it out in the Texan desert. Spiced with lots of information about the characters in “Holes”, as well as lots of do’s and don’ts for survival, this is an essential book for all those hundreds of thousands of “Holes'” fans. Stanley Yelnats’ Survival Guide to Camp Green Lake (Holes, #1.5) by Louis Sachar – eBook Details

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment