276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Weather Without Technology: Accurate, nature based, weather forecasting

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Finally on this format would be saws/sayings or data that came from the earlier interviews and researched, pertinent to that month and any events in that month that affected dates at a later time of the year. I am doing research into a BBC One Show series for April next year and hope to include your forecasting techniques - a film will be shot looking at non Met Office forecasters, it sounds like something that would interest you and I would like to discuss this more. Bruno Rinvolucri - BBC Science - 5/8/2013 In winter, with the cold easterly winds in East Anglia, cold weather travels east and south down the A11 to the M25.

When bees stay in or hover around their hives it means it is going to rain sometime that day. So if you see no bees in your flower beds you can probably count on rain. Air pressure again is the cause of bees not venturing out too far from their hives. Light shining through cirrostratus clouds associated with moisture and warm fronts cause a ring around the moon. The ring around the moon usually means rain or snow. Authors Note - Having religiously followed the following instructions by Uncle Offa for 15 years, the best result was 80%, and I found that up to the last week of June it is quite reliable, alas, after that it does tail off rapidly]

David King's Weather Almanac

Stay with this and I will try and help you – just using nature and some old tried and tested saws and sayings. Is it Hocus-pocus or mumbo-jumbo? I then extended the research to County record offices, libraries, Cathedral archives, National Archives, diocesan and parochial records and any such premises where such data could be found. Without reference to any modern technology, radio, TV, newspapers, mobile Apps and any other such source how ever do you tell what the weather might be like exactly 16 weeks ahead of the day you read this?

David King is no anorak, someone should give him a slot on TV." Robert Butler - More Intelligent Life - 10/10/2011 Remember the old saying, “Ring around the moon? Rain real soon.” A ring around the moon means a warm front is coming, which usually brings rain. The ring is caused by ice crystals that are passing over the moon. [18] X Research source Will give you Moon Phases. Eclipse, Sunrise, Sunset, Apogee and Perigee data too. SOUTH EAST REGION OF THE UK Rain in coming when you observe the sparrows chirping and all of a sudden you don't hear any birds.As a general rule the wind direction on 21st March will be easterly giving cold easterly winds up to at least 25th May (St Urban) and more likely (as in 2012 and 2013) well into the second week of June, when the direction changes to the south west bringing the warmer summer weather. Cool is the night...when the stars shine bright". The temperature seems to drop when there is less moisture in the air at night. A clear night sky allows the stars to shine bright. The brighter the stars the cooler the night.

And just to set the problem that I decided to solve some 35 years ago into some perspective, the simple question is: Quarter Days: of which there are four, 21st March (St Benedict), 24th June (St John), 29th September (Michaelmass) and 21st December (St Thomas). The knowledgeable will have noticed that two of these are equinoxes, one the longest day of the year and the other the shortest day of the year. Each also has a Saint attached to that day. This are most important days, for where the wind blows on this day determines the predominant direction of the wind until the next such Quarter day. An easy example was that the 21st March 2012 the wind hammered in from the east, and from that I was able to say that without any contradiction that the spring of 2012 right through to June 24th would be very cold – and it was.The challenge is to produce an advance predictive weather indicator of what the weather is likely to be some 6 months ahead, or in country parlance, two seasons at 90% accuracy. September can be variable, by this I mean, some years it can be from the east giving very cold October and November weather, with frosts, it is however a dry wind which does not carry much moisture. It is preferable to have south westerly winds at this time to ensure a mild autumn (as in 2012). A cold wind this early can lead to a long cold winter. It reminded me of Bill Foggitt, who was ever-present on the TV when I was young. Bill’s family had gathered continuous phenology and weather records from 1771, which he used together with his love of nature to make weather predictions. It’s a tradition that David continues in a very engaging way through this book. When allied to the previous column of Apogee and Perigee dates and times, the inclusion of Supermoon dates becomes significant, and thus the entry. Rain on Good Friday and Easter day, A good year for grass and a bad year for hay." - In other words, a wet year.

Why such arbitrary parameters? I have noticed over the years that weather travelling east along the M4, arrives at the M25 and for the greater part turns northwards. Lunar or solar events: this column gives dates and times and the particular lunar or solar event on that date, be it an eclipse of the sun or a partial eclipse of the moon etc. I find that, provided you are accurate with the phase timings, the above is very reliable. PERIGEE AND APOGEEIf however St Swithin is dry, "If Bartholomew's be fine and clear, then hope for a prosperous Autumn that year." Similarly there are also period formulated by the Met Office that give quieter or stormy periods throughout the year, these too are quite reliable, and again when combined with other similar data are quite informative. Dear David, I would like to feature 'Weather without Technology' in Watkins Mind Body Spirit magazine. Can you do me a 500-550 words article and get it to me please? Yours sincerely." Stephen Gawtry - Managing Editor - 13/7/2017 It is quite noticeable that the spring and summer periods are becoming warmer and dryer, but the winter and for the greater part, the weather extending well into late May, is much colder and dryer than previously. If, on the New Moon, First Quarter, Full Moon or Last Quarter occur between the following hours, the weather here stated below is said to follow.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment