276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Marvellous Maps: Our changing world in 40 amazing maps

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Britain’s funny, rude and delightfully odd place names are not only bewildering, but also truly world-class. From Slap Bottom (Hampshire) to Twatt (Shetland, and there’s one in Orkney too) via Belchford (Lincolnshire) and The Devil’s Arse (Derbyshire), the Marvellous Map of Great British Place Names is a comprehensive record of Britain’s ridiculous place names, to be discovered, celebrated and chortled over. Geography at its finest.

GHOSTLY GOINGS-ON: A spooky selection of more than 500 haunted spots, all guaranteed to give you goosebumps. SUSTAINABLE SAFARIS: Plan your own Great British migration with 20 nature trails and eco-friendly expeditions. FESTIVALS & EVENTS: Lark it up at 30 of Britain’s bloomin’ brilliant wildlife and environment-themed festivals and events. Very pleased with mine - good quality maps and very entertaining. Good prompt and courteous service” POINTS OF INTEREST: An enchanting selection of museums, mystical must-knows and place names that’ll give you the shivers.

Want to save more time

Britain really is a brilliant place for travel, adventure and unique discoveries. Where else in the world could you find, in such a small space, so much beautiful scenery, so much cultural intrigue and oddity... and so many truly ridiculous place names? Perfect for map lovers, adventurers and, well, anyone! Britain’s funny, rude and delightfully odd place names, from the Twatts of northern Scotland to the Bottoms of England, via the fabled Pants of Wales, are not only bewildering, but also truly world-class. Featuring over 2,000 genuine locations, this map is a comprehensive record of Britain’s funny, rude and delightfully odd place names, to be discovered, celebrated and chortled over. TRAILS THROUGH TIME Get some adventure inspiration with a broch-load of historical and history-inspired route MYSTERIES & MAGIC: Over 300 places wreathed in tales of witchcraft, devilry, superstition and ancient mystery. ECO ATTRACTIONS: Over 150 clean green days out, from nature-nurturing wildlife and conservation centres to museums and family attractions.

OUTDOORS & ADVENTURE The very best wild and beautiful places, mountains, beaches, islands, rivers, lakes and family-friendly adventures BRITAIN’S TOP 50: Britain’s most mythical locations mapped, along with a legendary road trip that links them all up. The Marvellous Map of Great British Place Names could be the perfect Christmas present sure to keep the family entertained and merry.” — The Daily MailSo I was drinking a cup of tea while reading the Telegraph, because I am nothing if not a gigantic cliché of Britishness, when I came across what is to be the hottest gift for Christmas in the UK…” — Right This Minute

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment