276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evie and the Animals: Matt Haig

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Emily Gravett’s amusingly lifelike illustrations of all the animals add a great deal of pleasure to the reading experience – creating a book you won’t want to put down until you know the end! A book to stimulate thoughts about the environment and self-worth wrapped up in an excellent story for young readers. You may also opt to downgrade to Standard Digital, a robust journalistic offering that fulfils many user’s needs. Compare Standard and Premium Digital here. Evie has a talent that can let her hear the thoughts of an elephant, and make friends with a dog and a sparrow. After a face-to-face encounter with a lion, things start to go wrong. Her family and every animal in town is in danger. Step into a world filled with secrets and an evil man known as Mortimer J Mortimer. This is a gripping adventure. I would describe this book in three words: danger, animals and hero. I would rate this five stars out of five. Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - Wow, was für eine tolle Idee und eine mega schöne Umsetzung, die mit wirklich tollen Illustrationen unterstützt wird.

Evie and the Animals - Matt Haig - Google Books Evie and the Animals - Matt Haig - Google Books

A brilliant new chapter book for children, from number one bestselling author Matt Haig and featuring illustrations throughout by the award-winning Emily Gravett I'm afraid I can't quite understand why "Evie and the Animals" has been so highly praised. Yes, the book is by Matt Haig, and? The basic idea is very nice, simple and not new. Evie can talk to animals, or rather she can hear their thoughts and then talk to them in her mind as well, which at least reduces the awkwardness factor a bit. What is new is that she seems to be the only one who has this gift. Her father has also strictly forbidden her to do this thing. One soon learns why. An evil man, who also has the gift, but manipulates animals according to his will, is to blame for the death of Evie's mother and wants to destroy all people who also have this gift. So we have a dead mother (and more dead people mentioned in passing), a supervillain, lots of mystery, and a few clichés (the principal for example fulfills all the clichés of a negative school principal). I liked all the animal side characters, as well as Evie's grandmother and her attitudes toward life. My favourite character in this book was Beak. He is a little bird who jumps at the chance of adventure.... Read Full Review Evie was a girl who loved animals. She didn’t just know facts about them. She also had a very special skill. A very unusual skill…”Eefje en de dieren is een heel mooi verhaal. Een van de boodschappen van het verhaal is dat je jezelf moet durven te zijn en dat is in sommige situaties nog best lastig. Eefje heeft een gave, een talent. En dit talent deelt ze met haar oma. Oma kan ook met dieren praten, maar veel beter dan Eefje. Oma leert Eefje hoe ze om kan gaan met haar gave, maar dat mag eigenlijk niet van haar vader…

Evie and the Animals by Matt Haig, reviewed by Aletha Evie and the Animals by Matt Haig, reviewed by Aletha

prin a spune că îmi place foarte mult acest autor și cărțile pe care le-am citit până acum de la el, iar aceasta, chiar dacă este destinată copiilor, nu face excepție. ✨ Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical MomentsI thought this was a fantastic book because it had an interesting blurb. This book is good and it would definitely draw the reader in. This is a fiction and my favourite character is Evie because she has the talent and that make her be able to read animals mind and she really wants to look after them. I would recommend this book to someone who adores animals. Change the plan you will roll onto at any time during your trial by visiting the “Settings & Account” section. What happens at the end of my trial? Absolutely adored this book!! Matt Haig has done a FAB job of writing this story! It is great to read a story about animals in such a different light to 'normal'. I grew very fond of Evie as her warm-hearted and caring personality is shown towards the animals and humans.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment